Jun 29, 2012
These baked-potato mice are almost too gorgeous to eat! Makes 4 potato mice.
You Will Need:
4 medium baking potatoes
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp butter
Half cup milk
Half cup grated cheddar cheese
- Wash the potatoes and pat them dry. Prick the skins with a fork and put the potatoes on a baking sheet. Brush them all over with oil.
Bake the potatoes until they are soft. Medium sized potatoes take about one hour in an oven preheated to 400°F.
- Cool enough to handle?Then cut off the tops and carefully scoop out the soft potato centers with a spoon. You can throw away the tops (or eat them).
- Mash the soft centers with the butter, milk, three quarters of the cheese , salt and pepper. Then put the mixture back into the potato skins.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the potatoes and cook under the broiler for a few minutes until golden.
- Make a nose and whiskers by cutting the chives into lengths of about 3 inches. Take a small cherry tomato, stick a toothpick in one end and insert this into the baked potato to make a nose with the chives tucked behind to form the whiskers.
- To make the ears and eyes, cut the radishes in half and make two indentations with a blunt knife. Place the radishes on either side of the potato to form ears and then place the raisins in front to make the eyes.
To make the tail, choose a part of the green onion that is pointed at the end. Insert this into the back of the potato to make the tail.
Don't forget to remove the toothpick before eating.