Jun 1, 2012
Inspired by the movie: Beauty and the Beast
If there was one servant in the Beast's castle that could always be counted on, it's Cogsworth. So if you're looking for a Father's Day gift to let Dad know he's the all-time best, this dedicated timekeeper is ready to lend a hand. Using paper and essential oil, you can fashion an air freshener in Cogsworth's likeness that will go the distance to keep Dad's car pleasantly scented.
- Clock face template
- Cardstock (brown, beige or orange, yellow or gold, and white)
- Glue stick
- Markers (black and gold)
- Essential oil
- Paper hole punch
- Small plastic bag
- Print the template. Cut out the pieces and trace them onto cardstock: brown for the head, beige or orange for the face, yellow or gold for the nose, and white for the eyes. Cut out all of the tracings.
- Center the face piece atop the head piece and glue it in place. Then glue on the eyes and nose.
- Use the black marker to draw on eyebrows and a curved, smiling mouth (you may want to sketch them in pencil first). Use the gold marker to add clock hands where a mustache would go and to decorate the curved upper portion of the head.
- Punch a hole in the top of the head. Thread a piece of ribbon through the hole and tie the ends together to create a hanger.
- Cut another face piece out of brown cardstock and scent it with drops of essential oil. Glue the scented cutout to the back of the clock head. For the best results, put your clock face air freshener in a plastic bag overnight to let the paper fully infuse the fragance. Over time, add more essential oil to the air freshener as needed.
More Father's Day Crafts & Recipes