Apr 20, 2012
During her time in Wonderland, Alice discovered just how unruly a tea party can become when nobody practices good manners. The Mad Hatter and March Hare never even filled her teacup or offered her the requisite cakes and cookies. Thankfully, Alice's manners far outshine those of her hosts. So, when it comes to planning a Mother's Day celebration for her mentor, she'd be sure to serve up something a mom would really appreciate -- such as a homemade card featuring colorful paper cupcakes that double as refrigerator magnets.
1. Print the templates and cut out the pieces.
|2. For each cupcake, cut a cake bottom out of brown scrapbook paper and a frosted top out of any color or pattern of paper you'd like to "frost" it with. Glue the two pieces together with the top slightly overlapping the bottom, as shown.|
3. Brush a coat of Mod Podge on the fronts and backs of the cupcakes to seal them.
4. When the sealer is dry, attach a 3/4-inch length of magnetic tape to the back of each cupcake.
5. Fold a 12- by 4 1/2-inch piece of scrapbook paper or cardstock into quarters to create an accordion-style card.
6. Use a glue dot to attach a cupcake to each of the card panels. Then add a Mother's Day greeting, such as, "For the Sweetest Mom."