Apr 5, 2012
This colorful "salad" is perfect on weekend mornings. The fresh, bright flavors of the oranges and grapefruit awaken the senses and put everyone in a festive mood. Perhaps the best part about this dish, is that all it requires of me in the morning, is taking it out of the fridge.
- 6 navel oranges
- 3 grapefruits
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lime
- zest from 1 lemon
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons raw (turbinado) sugar
- Cut off orange peel of 5 oranges with a sharp knife, including all the white pith, leaving behind just the flesh of the oranges. Cut oranges into thin slices and arrange onto a platter.
- Cut off grapefruit peel in same manner and cut fruit into "supremes" or segments, leaving behind the white membrane. Arrange over orange slices.
- Finely grate the zest from the lemon and lime and place in a small bowl. Squeeze the juice from the remaining orange into the bowl as well as the juice from the lemon and lime.
- Drizzle juice mixture over the oranges and grapefruit and sprinkle with raw sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, preferably overnight.
For more Easter Recipes, visit Disney Family >>