Mar 29, 2012
For the ultimate undercover holiday operation, this year Perry the Platypus dons a brilliant disguise that fits the bill -- going incognito as an Easter egg! Of course, this is one case you won't want to crack.
1. Print the template and use the pieces to cut out shapes in the specified colors of paper.
2. Use the marker to draw crisscross lines on the tail and to color a broad band on the hat piece, as shown.
3. Prepare the stand by gluing the base of the tail and the heels of the feet to the plastic cap, as shown. Set the egg in the stand.
4. Fold the platypus bill in half to create a center crease and give it a bit more dimension. Then fold up the very end at the base of the bill and use bits of a glue dot to stick it to the egg. Glue the eyes in place just above the bill.
5. Attach the arms to the sides of the egg in the same manner as you did the bill in step 4.
6. Gently fit the hat onto the top of the egg, overlapping the back strips a bit and securing them with a glue dot. Fold the top of the hat forward slightly, if necessary, so that it stands upright.