Feb 24, 2012
Fruit rolls are a big 'kid favorite' and very easy to pop into lunches
or backpacks for kids on the go. These rolls are 100% fruit with no
sugar or artificial anything added. They're also cheaper than their
boxed counterparts, coming in at just 17 cents each. If you don't want
to roll them, the fruit leather is just as good cut into squares or
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 8 hours and 40 minutes
Yield: 12 roll-ups
Cost Per Serving: $0.17
More recipes from Disney Family >>
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a 12x15 inch baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine apricots or other dried fruit with water in a heavy saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes or until fruit is very soft.
- Drain excess liquid and pour fruit into a blender. Puree until very smooth.
- Pour fruit onto prepared foil and spread evenly, making sure there are no holes.
- Place sheet into oven for 25 minutes. Without opening oven, turn heat off and leave oven door shut for 8 hours.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and gently peel fruit from foil. Set on waxed paper, right-side down, and press down.
- Cut into 12 even strips, lengthwise. Roll each strip with the paper side out and store in plastic bags until ready to eat.