Nov 22, 2010
This glittery holiday ornament is a perfect Christmas craft for kids, and makes a wonderful addition to your tree.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white glue
- Sealable sandwich bags
- Metal cookie cutter
- Small paintbrush or wooden skewer
- 2 tablespoons or more of glitter (fine or extra fine)
- Waxed paper
- 10 to 12 inches of ribbon or string
1. Squirt the glue into a sandwich bag.
2. Add a cookie cutter (we used a star), seal the bag, and have your
child smush glue over every inch of the cookie cutter. Then use the
paintbrush or the skewer to get the glue into the tips, points, or
hard-to-reach spots on the cookie cutter.
3. Put the glitter in a second bag and drop in the glue-drenched cookie cutter. Seal the bag.
4. Have your child shake this bag until the cookie cutter is covered with glitter.
5. Remove the cookie cutter from the bag and set on waxed paper to dry completely, about a day.
6. Gently tap off any excess glitter. Tie a ribbon or string at the top
and hang the ornament.
7. Repeat with as many cookie cutters as desired.Article reproduced with the permission of Disney Canada. View original article here.