Green concrete: foundation for climate stability
Robert Niven's reply:
I really enjoyed your piece on green concrete today. Perhaps you'd be interested in some of the equally exciting work being done in Canada and other areas across North America. MIT is part of a broader community of industry, academics and start ups like ours that stretch from Boston to Silicon Valley and all across Canada. We are collectively on the verge of cracking the code to make carbon negative concrete that is scalable to meet the world's demand and possibly cheaper than current methods without compromising quality. This is truly a transformative change in our society.
CarbonCure Technologies is a Halifax-based company that was recently ranked among Canada's top 5 cleantech start ups. Working with academics and industry we have developed a simple device that is bolted into concrete plants that actually allows plants to consume (rather than emit) CO2 to make cheaper, stronger and greener concrete. Our plants are coming online this year in Nova Scotia, Silicon Valley and Toronto. It will possibly be the greenest commercially available concrete on the planet.
Carbon Sense Solutions Inc.
CarbonCure Technologies Inc.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Hillary Clinton sets out to redefine image as presidential campaign swings into full gear video
- During the four-day Democratic Party convention, Hillary Clinton, her husband Bill Clinton, U.S. President Barack Obama and many other speakers set out to redefine her and change her narrative as she tries to convince Americans that she is best suited for the presidency.
- Florida reports 1st locally transmitted cases of Zika
- The first cases of Zika likely transmitted by mosquitoes on the U.S. mainland have been reported in Florida, the state's governor said Friday.
- Pokemon Go creators working to remove unwanted Pokestops, gyms
- The creators of Pokemon Go say they're working to remove real-world locations that don't wish to be included in the mobile gaming sensation.
- Hillary Clinton, Democrats react to balloons at DNC like seeing snow for the 1st time
- Hillary Clinton’s speech drew wild enthusiasm from Democratic convention-goers, but the joy in Philadelphia didn’t end there: The tens of thousands of red, white and blue balloons that came floating down after her historic address also had them reacting as if they were seeing snow for the first time.
- Updated 1 San Diego police officer killed, another injured in traffic stop shooting
- A traffic stop led to a shootout that killed an anti-gang police officer and seriously injured another, authorities said Friday. A suspect was shot and taken into custody while authorities searched for others who may have been involved.