More on thorium, the "cleaner" nuclear fuel
Gordon McDowell of Calgary sent us an update on Kirk Sorenson and his mission to convince people that thorium can provide a clean nuclear fuel.
This follows an extensive discussion in Your Dispatches since we interviewed Mr. Sorenson.
Rick MacInnes-Rae & CBC folk,
I missed the original airing of Kirk Sorensen's interview with Rick.about thorium -- I believe it might have been...when he came to Calgary to speak at TEDxYYC.
I was shooting Kirk at TEDxYYC, and also shot Kirk at 2 other speaking venues in Calgary.
This footage has been combined with interviews and presentations given in Washington DC, as sort of a poor-man's "Inconvenient Truth" on the subject. The doc is called THORIUM REMIX 2011.
I hope you'll take 5 minutes to watch the opening summary. The doc is free on YouTube.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Hillary Clinton hails SCOTUS ruling as win for 'safe, legal' abortion
- Hillary Clinton's shift on abortion: from "safe, legal and rare" to "safe and legal. What leaving out that one word signals about the presumptive Democratic nominee's changing views, and the changing political landscape.
- Global markets show some signs of life after Brexit doldrums video
- World stock benchmarks stabilized Tuesday after days of stomach-churning swings as investors started shaking off the jitters from Britain's vote to quit the European Union and its messy aftermath.
- Elizabeth Warren stumps for Hillary Clinton for 1st time in campaign
- Liberal Elizabeth Warren attacked Republican Donald Trump on Monday during her first campaign appearance with U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, calling him an "insecure money grubber" who is driven by greed and hate.
- EgyptAir crash: French authorities begin criminal inquiry
- French authorities opened a manslaughter inquiry Monday into the May crash of an EgyptAir plane that killed 66 people, saying there is no evidence so far to link it to terrorism.
- UNICEF report says dramatic inequality exists among world's children
- The number of children who do not attend school is rising, child marriage has not dropped in decades and millions of young children will die mostly preventable deaths by 2030 if global poverty is not addressed, UNICEF says in a bleak new report.