Stamping out secret hate messages
Steve Jackson of Edmonton heard Saroja Coelho's August 25 piece about Irmela Mensah-Schramm, the Berlin woman who tirelessly cleans up Nazi graffiti, and he writes:
I just sent an email to the Alberta gov't based on your story last week. Wouldn't you know I saw a vehicle in my Edmonton neighbourhood with the license plate "HH 88". I immediately thought of the story where your reporter stated that 88 was often used to imitate Hiel Hitler. This person also had a plackard in the vehicle's trailer hitch with "88" inscribed on it. I hope they revoke this license plate. Many thanks for keeping the public informed about the secret code words of hate mongers.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Live 'Forgotten men and women ... will be forgotten no longer': Trump sworn in as president
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as U.S. president before a massive crowd including his wife, Melania, and their family, outgoing leader Barack Obama and several former presidents. Follow CBC correspondents on Capitol Hill and around the world as the new U.S. presidency begins.
- Analysis How history could make strange bedfellows of Obama and Trump: Keith Boag
- There might come a day when Obama will be grateful it was Trump and not a purebred Republican who became the custodian of his legacy, Keith Boag writes.
- Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' faces life sentence in U.S. prison
- Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman will spend the rest of his life in a U.S. prison if convicted on charges he ran the world's largest drug-trafficking organization during a decades-long criminal career, U.S. prosecutors said on Friday.
- Rescuers in Italy pull 2 children, 8 other survivors from hotel rubble video
- A firefighter says 10 people, including two children, have been found alive in the debris of a hotel levelled by an avalanche in Italy earlier this week.
- Live Protesters greet Donald Trump inauguration video
- Black-clad activists protesting U.S. president-elect Donald Trump's inauguration smashed store and car windows in Washington on Friday and fought with police in riot gear who responded with pepper spray and stun grenades.