Stamping out secret hate messages
Steve Jackson of Edmonton heard Saroja Coelho's August 25 piece about Irmela Mensah-Schramm, the Berlin woman who tirelessly cleans up Nazi graffiti, and he writes:
I just sent an email to the Alberta gov't based on your story last week. Wouldn't you know I saw a vehicle in my Edmonton neighbourhood with the license plate "HH 88". I immediately thought of the story where your reporter stated that 88 was often used to imitate Hiel Hitler. This person also had a plackard in the vehicle's trailer hitch with "88" inscribed on it. I hope they revoke this license plate. Many thanks for keeping the public informed about the secret code words of hate mongers.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Philippines says Trump invited Duterte to White House
- U.S. President Donald Trump has called Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte and expressed his interest in developing "a warm working relationship," according to a Filipino official.
- New Venezuela vegetable brigades battle predicted 1,000% rise in food prices
- To combat Venezuela's massive food crisis, members of collectives pool their money and buy in bulk directly from farmers.
- Indivisible: The new left-wing movement modelled on the right
- The Indivisible movement is working at the local level to disrupt the White House by taking a page from the Tea Party playbook.
- On Day 100, Trump slams 'fake news' media at Pennsylvania rally video
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday issued a scathing attack on the national news media at a Pennsylvania rally he organized for the same evening the White House Correspondents' Association hosts its annual dinner.
- 'Explosive device blast' kills U.S. service member in Mosul video
- A U.S. service member in Iraq was killed Saturday by an explosive device outside Mosul, according to a statement released by the Pentagon.