Stamping out secret hate messages
Steve Jackson of Edmonton heard Saroja Coelho's August 25 piece about Irmela Mensah-Schramm, the Berlin woman who tirelessly cleans up Nazi graffiti, and he writes:
I just sent an email to the Alberta gov't based on your story last week. Wouldn't you know I saw a vehicle in my Edmonton neighbourhood with the license plate "HH 88". I immediately thought of the story where your reporter stated that 88 was often used to imitate Hiel Hitler. This person also had a plackard in the vehicle's trailer hitch with "88" inscribed on it. I hope they revoke this license plate. Many thanks for keeping the public informed about the secret code words of hate mongers.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Donations pour into Planned Parenthood thanks to Mike Pence
- Donations to Planned Parenthood surged in the month since the U.S. election as supporters of the health care and abortion provider try to make a point — many of them making their donations in the name of incoming vice-president Mike Pence.
- Analysis It may be 'foolish' to ignore Trump's tweets, even when they look like 'fluff'
- Everything the U.S. president-elect does, says and writes now matters. Unless it doesn't, say media critics, amid a debate over whether the world can afford to tune out tweets by Donald Trump.
- Nearly 150 patients evacuated from east Aleppo
- Nearly 150 civilians, most disabled or in need of urgent medical care, are evacuated from a hospital in Aleppo's Old City, the first major evacuation from the eastern sector.
- New Giraffes threatened by extinction, put on watch list
- The giraffe, the tallest land animal, is now at risk of extinction, biologists say.
- Search for survivors continues in Indonesia as death toll climbs to 102
- Rescue workers, soldiers and police combed through the rubble of a devastated town in Indonesia's Aceh province Thursday, resuming a search for earthquake survivors that was halted at night by rain and blackouts.