The World Service Lillibullero...the truth here
Peter Boyd of Oakville, Ontario knew the BBC World Service...
Many years ago in the dark ages before the internet I worked in many places like the Canadian Arctic, Saudi Arabia and Libya. The locations I was in were secluded and the only source of news was via short wave radio.
I still comment that back then when the cold war still ran warm I would listen to the "Voice of America" for their perspective, "Radio Moscow" for their perspective, then I would wait in anticipation for the strains of Lillibullero and the words "This is London".
I could count on the BBC World Service for the truth.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Live Manager deflects blame after fire turns Oakland artists' colony into 'mass grave' video
- The founder of an Oakland artists' colony where dozens of people burned to death says he is sorry, but deflected blame for the blaze that gutted the warehouse that he now describes as a "mass grave."
- Analysis Trump's Taiwan call could disrupt 'very calibrated dance' between U.S., China
- U.S. president-elect Donald Trump's official call with the leader of Taiwan breaks diplomatic protocol, a move that could lead to an economic and military standoff, Asia analysts warn.
- CBC IN STANDING ROCK N.D. Indigenous leader willing to support future pipeline fights
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe chairman Dave Archambault, who has been at the centre of a contentious pipeline debate in North Dakota, says he's willing to support future pipeline fights — including those in Canada.
- Iran president not interested in Trump's views on nuclear deal
- Iran's president said on Tuesday that his country will not allow incoming U.S. President Donald Trump to "tear up" Iran's landmark nuclear deal with world powers and also warned Tehran will react to any extension of American sanctions.
- Deputy dies when car goes into Texas sinkhole
- Officials say an off-duty sheriff's deputy died and two other people were hurt when two vehicles plunged into a water-filled sinkhole in San Antonio, Texas.