The World Service Lillibullero...the truth here
Peter Boyd of Oakville, Ontario knew the BBC World Service...
Many years ago in the dark ages before the internet I worked in many places like the Canadian Arctic, Saudi Arabia and Libya. The locations I was in were secluded and the only source of news was via short wave radio.
I still comment that back then when the cold war still ran warm I would listen to the "Voice of America" for their perspective, "Radio Moscow" for their perspective, then I would wait in anticipation for the strains of Lillibullero and the words "This is London".
I could count on the BBC World Service for the truth.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Health-care havoc: Trump's 1st legislative test a 'big loser' that puts his agenda on shaky ground video
- Donald Trump’s first major legislative push to eliminate and replace the current health-care legislation ran off road Friday, striking a blow his young presidency’s momentum and denting his image as a master negotiator.
- U.K. attacker had been in Saudi Arabia, embassy confirms video
- The man who killed four people outside Britain's Parliament was in Saudi Arabia three times and taught English there, the Middle Eastern country's embassy said.
- Jailed Philippine senator says she 'won't be quiet' about President Duterte
- Jailed Philippine Senator Leila de Lima says she's a political prisoner. President Rodrigo Duterte says she's a drug trafficker. CBC's Adrienne Arsenault travelled to Manila for an exclusive jailhouse interview with de Lima.
- Armed burglary at Bellagio in Las Vegas sends panic through casino
- The Bellagio Resort and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip was put on lockdown early on Saturday after an armed burglary of a high-end jewelry store sent panicked guests and gamblers running for the exits, local media reported and police said.
- U.S. coalition investigating reports of deadly Mosul airstrike
- The U.S.-led coalition fighting ISIS is investigating reports of an airstrike in a western neighbourhood in the Iraqi city of Mosul that allegedly left more than 100 civilians dead last week, according to a statement given to The Associated Press on Friday.