Seoul... kimchi, an aid to weight control
Emma Banks of Fort St. John, B.C. heard Nissa Rhee's essay from South Korea on the apparent decline of kimchi, the traditional pickled vegetable combo, and writes...
Listened to your program about kimchi today. There was one important part of the picture missing. The beneficial bacteria present in kimchi! You may have heard about the beneficial bacteria in yogurt helps digestion, well the bacteria kimchi and sauerkraut do the same thing! Eating kimchi helps keep people at a healthy weight, which is very important due to the recent obesity crisis in north america. And if koreans are just eating more american foods and less kimchi, the same weight gain is likely to happen to them! Thanks.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Special Report Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe is selling elephants to prop up his broken regime
- After nearly 40 years of Robert Mugabe’s rule, Zimbabwe is broke — so broke that it’s selling its elephants. CBC News explores the dying days of a dictatorship that continues to punish its people.
- Analysis 'The White House is in disarray': Trump struggles to find 'easy win' after health-care dud
- Most of Donald Trump's achievements so far have come via executive orders, proclamations and appointments. Lacking any legislative victories following the health-care bill implosion, tackling tax reform may not be a recipe for that kind of success.
- Netflix's anti-piracy team aims to make stealing content uncool
- Netflix has set up a new Global Copyright Protection Group to stop people from stealing its original content. The group's ultimate aim is to reduce online piracy "to a socially unacceptable fringe activity."
- U.K. tabloid's 'Legs-it' front page draws sexism complaints
- Britain's Daily Mail tabloid has sparked complaints with a front-page photograph focusing on the legs of Prime Minister Theresa May and Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- New Trump takes credit as Ford set to announce spending on U.S. plants
- U.S. President Donald Trump touted Ford Motor Co.'s expected announcement Tuesday about investments and jobs at its U.S. plants, saying the automaker would be making a major investment in three Michigan facilities.