Seoul... kimchi, an aid to weight control
Emma Banks of Fort St. John, B.C. heard Nissa Rhee's essay from South Korea on the apparent decline of kimchi, the traditional pickled vegetable combo, and writes...
Listened to your program about kimchi today. There was one important part of the picture missing. The beneficial bacteria present in kimchi! You may have heard about the beneficial bacteria in yogurt helps digestion, well the bacteria kimchi and sauerkraut do the same thing! Eating kimchi helps keep people at a healthy weight, which is very important due to the recent obesity crisis in north america. And if koreans are just eating more american foods and less kimchi, the same weight gain is likely to happen to them! Thanks.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Brexit vote a sign U.K. 'longing for a time and place that never was' video
- The Leave campaign deliberately stirred up anti-immigration anxieties to win the Brexit vote, researchers say. That could spell trouble for other countries considering parting ways with the postwar order in Europe.
- CBC IN BRUSSELS Leave victory should send chill down EU's collective spine
- You could almost feel the hulking edifices that house the European Union’s main institutions in Brussels shrinking in on themselves as the news arrived with a grey dawn that one of their own, even if only reluctantly so, would be leaving after all — divorce papers to be delivered soon.
- Lead levels significantly higher in Flint kids after water switch: report
- Children under the age of six in Flint, Mich., had significantly higher blood-lead levels after the city switched its water source in 2014 to save money, according to a CDC report released Friday.
- Amish community in shock over girl 'gifted' to man
- Police say Daniel Stoltzfus and his wife "gifted" their 14-year-old daughter to a man after he helped them out financially — and apparently sent their nine younger daughters to live with the 51-year-old at his small home near Philadelphia.
- Britons ask Google their questions about Brexit, EU
- The United Kingdom's historic vote to exit the European Union is dominating the conversation online as well as in global headlines.