Kampala..The Secret Reach Of "The Family"
Susan Rayf of Toronto heard Carolyn Dunn's The View From Here From Kampala and writes:
Anyone interested in the politics of Uganda and the proposed bill to execute homosexuals should listen to the podcast The Secret Political Reach Of 'The Family' on NPR. The Family, an american evangelical right wing group, has much influence in Uganda. A member of The Family sponsored this bill. Click and scroll down the transcript for the discussion of Uganda. Great show. Thanks
Categories: The View from Here, Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Clinton vs. Trump: Clashing debate-prep styles hint at sharp contrasts on stage video
- Tonight's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton is a study in personality clashes. It’s also a test of two opposing preparation strategies, one of which may not involve much prep at all.
- Updated Rancid small-state nationalism surges in Europe: Don Murray
- Two referendums and an election in southern Europe are setting emotions swirling and stirring up political havoc.
- Breaking Shooting at Texas shopping centre injures 7
- At least seven people have been injured in a shooting at a shopping centre in Houston, Texas, according to local media.
- In Depth Dalai Lama envoy says Canada-China free trade must factor in Tibetan crisis
- Tibetan rights advocates believe Justin Trudeau may have the credibility needed to get China back to the negotiating table with the Dalai Lama and his representatives.
- Analysis Building peace in Colombia may be more challenging than 50 years of war
- The plan by the Colombian rebel group FARC to disarm after half a century of warfare, form a political party and blend into civilian life looks enormously challenging.