Kampala..The Secret Reach Of "The Family"
Susan Rayf of Toronto heard Carolyn Dunn's The View From Here From Kampala and writes:
Anyone interested in the politics of Uganda and the proposed bill to execute homosexuals should listen to the podcast The Secret Political Reach Of 'The Family' on NPR. The Family, an american evangelical right wing group, has much influence in Uganda. A member of The Family sponsored this bill. Click and scroll down the transcript for the discussion of Uganda. Great show. Thanks
Categories: The View from Here, Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Photos This week in pictures: From a plane tragedy to Afghan new year
- From a tragic plane crash that killed 150 peopleto the welcoming of the new year in Afghanistan, we take a look at top images from around the world from March 21 to 27.
- Breaking Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy's top court
- Italy's highest court has overturned the murder convictions against Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, bringing to a definitive end the high-profile case.
- Al-Shabaab attack on Mogadishu hotel kills at least 9
- At least seven people were killed on Friday when gunmen from the Islamist al-Shabaab group stormed a popular hotel in the centre of the Somali capital, police and the militants said.
- Updated Germanwings Flight 4U9525 co-pilot Andreas Lubitz 'hid illness' from employer video
- German prosecutors say they now have medical documents indicating the co-pilot of the Germanwings plane that crashed in the French Alps hid an ongoing illness from his employer.
- Analysis French voters veer right, far-right amid sea of political corruption
- It's election season in France, spring is blooming and so are investigations into political fraud. Sunday's local elections could see if corruption-weary French voters really want to take a chance on Marine Le Pen's far-right National Front.