Kampala..The Secret Reach Of "The Family"
Susan Rayf of Toronto heard Carolyn Dunn's The View From Here From Kampala and writes:
Anyone interested in the politics of Uganda and the proposed bill to execute homosexuals should listen to the podcast The Secret Political Reach Of 'The Family' on NPR. The Family, an american evangelical right wing group, has much influence in Uganda. A member of The Family sponsored this bill. Click and scroll down the transcript for the discussion of Uganda. Great show. Thanks
Categories: The View from Here, Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Suspect in fatal shooting on Las Vegas Strip surrenders after standoff
- The suspect in a fatal shooting on the Las Vegas Strip on Saturday surrendered to police after barricading himself inside a bus.
- U.S. military confirms airstrike on Mosul area 'corresponding' to reports of civilian casualties
- The U.S military confirmed on Saturday that U.S. warplanes had hit an Islamic State-held area of the besieged Iraqi city of Mosul where residents and officials say dozens of civilians have been killed as result of an airstrike.
- Analysis Health-care havoc: Trump's 1st legislative test a 'big loser' that puts his agenda on shaky ground video
- Donald Trump’s first major legislative push to eliminate and replace the current health-care legislation ran off road Friday, striking a blow to his young presidency’s momentum and denting his image as a master negotiator.
- EU nations renew fragile pact amid threats from nationalism, Brexit
- Today 27 nations renewed their pledge to the European Union amid concerns over Brexit, nationalism and the threat of terrorism.
- CBC in Manila Jailed Philippine senator says she 'won't be quiet' about President Duterte
- Jailed Philippine Senator Leila de Lima says she's a political prisoner. President Rodrigo Duterte says she's a drug trafficker. CBC's Adrienne Arsenault travelled to Manila for an exclusive jailhouse interview with de Lima.