Kampala..The Secret Reach Of "The Family"
Susan Rayf of Toronto heard Carolyn Dunn's The View From Here From Kampala and writes:
Anyone interested in the politics of Uganda and the proposed bill to execute homosexuals should listen to the podcast The Secret Political Reach Of 'The Family' on NPR. The Family, an american evangelical right wing group, has much influence in Uganda. A member of The Family sponsored this bill. Click and scroll down the transcript for the discussion of Uganda. Great show. Thanks
Categories: The View from Here, Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- U.K. government must consult Parliament before triggering Brexit
- Britain's government must get parliamentary approval before starting the process of leaving the European Union, the Supreme Court ruled Tuesday, potentially delaying Prime Minister Theresa May's plans to trigger negotiations by the end of March.
- European Parliament's trade committee endorses Canada's free trade deal
- A planned EU-Canada free trade deal moved closer to reality on Tuesday after a key committee advised the European Parliament to give its backing after months of protests and heated debate.
- Trump reiterates false claims about election fraud at Congressional reception video
- Even as President Donald Trump starts reaching out to lawmakers and business and union leaders to sell his policies, he's still making false claims about election fraud.
- Syria talks lead to shaky truce, but some fighting will continue
- Russia and regional powers Turkey and Iran backed a shaky truce between Syria's warring parties on Tuesday and agreed to monitor its compliance, but on the ground rebels faced continued fighting on two fronts which could undermine the deal.
- Israel approves 2,500 new West Bank settlement homes
- Israel's Defence Ministry announced plans on Tuesday to build 2,500 more settlement homes in the West Bank, the second announcement of new construction in the occupied territory since President Donald Trump took office.