China, Japan and rare earth in context
My name is Alexander Muir. I'm a Canadian who emigrated to the US a long time ago, so my spelling is off, and now I live in China...
Your story on the China/Japan dispute (Nov 4) was completely one sided. While it is certainly true that in this most recent incident China has acted like a bully towards Japan and has perhaps encouraged the halt in rare earth shipments to Japan, previous incidents show the Japanese (or Taiwanese or Hong Kongers) to be the aggressors. By not giving the history of the dispute, you bias your listeners' opinions in favor of Japan against China.
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Obama orders 'deep dive review' of 'malicious' election campaign hacking
- U.S. President Barack Obama has ordered intelligence officials to conduct a broad review on the election-season hacking that rattled the presidential campaign and raised new concerns about foreign meddling in U.S. elections.
- Photos Victims of Colombia's 50-year war work to start over with some help from Canada
- For Lucero Martinez and dozens of other women who've been victimized by Colombia's half-century-long guerrilla war, the production line at Fruandes has become a place of second chances — thanks in part to Canadian investment and appetites.
- Donald Trump's choice of generals for top posts 'extremely unusual'
- The procession of former military officers nominated for top jobs in Donald Trump’s administration is raising concerns over whether the appointments could defy an American constitutional tenet: civilian oversight of government.
- Dylann Roof laughed during church slaying confession to FBI
- Dylann Roof wanted the world to know he hated black people and thought they were criminals. He thought about attacking drug dealers, but they might shoot back. So, he told the FBI, he picked a historic black church in Charleston, N.C., he had learned about online.
- Americans getting better deal than Canadians on rebate for Samsung washers
- A Samsung customer says Canadians are getting a raw deal compared to Americans when it comes to a rebate offered by Samsung on its recalled top-loading washing machines.