India's secret war
In this week's show we promoted an interview we'll hear on next week's show, about a little-known armed uprising in India's mining states of Charisgarth and Jharkland.
Sushil Handa, of Saint Lambert, Quebec offers a perspective, and some background.
It is interesting that you mentioned the comment by PM of India about the threat of violence in India and yet it is the actions of govt.and thru its agents (police) which is triggering the violence. I recently saw a You Tube video entitled 'Peace Talks Sep 10' which may be of interest to you It is in 6 parts (12 minutes each) but you may want to see this for a perspective on the issue. The link to first part of video
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Latest from WikiLeaks shows overlap between Bill Clinton's business and fundraising activity
- A 2011 confidential memo written by a longtime Bill Clinton aide during Hillary Clinton's State Department tenure describes overlap between the former president's business ventures and fundraising for the family's charities.
- Updated Police evict protesters from North Dakota pipeline site
- Law enforcement officers dressed in riot gear fired bean bags and pepper spray Thursday as they tried to clear protesters from a camp on private land in the path of the Dakota Access oil pipeline.
- Michelle Obama hits the campaign trail with Hillary Clinton video
- As first ladies they could hardly have been more different. But as Democrats looking to fire up female voters, Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton were firmly bonded on Thursday.
- CBC IN PENNSYLVANIA Why Donald Trump's path to win Pennsylvania runs uphill
- U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and his running mate Mike Pence have spent a lot of time in Pennsylvania. His campaign is resonating in some areas of the state, but will they be enough to put him over the top on Nov. 8?
- 90 migrants dead after boat disintegrates in Mediterranean
- At least 90 migrants are believed dead after their rickety boat started to fall apart in the Mediterranean Sea, after leaving the Libyan coast.