India's secret war
In this week's show we promoted an interview we'll hear on next week's show, about a little-known armed uprising in India's mining states of Charisgarth and Jharkland.
Sushil Handa, of Saint Lambert, Quebec offers a perspective, and some background.
It is interesting that you mentioned the comment by PM of India about the threat of violence in India and yet it is the actions of govt.and thru its agents (police) which is triggering the violence. I recently saw a You Tube video entitled 'Peace Talks Sep 10' which may be of interest to you It is in 6 parts (12 minutes each) but you may want to see this for a perspective on the issue. The link to first part of video
Categories: Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Mud-slinging and Mexican flags define decade-long battle over Trump's Scottish golf course
- The remote Scottish coastline just north of Aberdeen is a place of wild beauty, where the sand dunes rise to great heights. But there are other disorienting vistas — none more so than the site of a Mexican flag flapping in the wind. It's a not-so-subtle message directed at the man who has just become president of the United States.
- PHOTOS 'Fight like a girl': The best signs and slogans from Women's Marches worldwide
- Millions of women and their allies marched all over the world on Saturday, using creative signs, slogans and costumes to protest the inauguration of U.S. President Donald Trump, a man who has repeatedly come under fire for his treatment of and comments about women.
- Gambia's defeated president finally cedes power, to enter exile weeks after election loss
- Gambia's defeated leader Yahya Jammeh and his family headed into political exile Saturday night, ending a 22-year reign of fear and a post-election political standoff that threatened to provoke a regional military intervention when he clung to power.
- CBC IN IRAN If Trump nixes nuclear deal, 'we are prepared,' says country's atomic chief video
- Iran says it is reserving judgment on new U.S. President Donald Trump. But if he does, as he’s vowed, “tear up” the international deal Tehran reached on curbing its nuclear program, it could quickly ramp that program back up, says the country’s atomic energy chief.
- 'I am so behind you,' Trump assures CIA officials on 1st full day in office video
- U.S. President Donald Trump moved to mend his tumultuous relationship with America's spy agencies Saturday, travelling to CIA headquarters on his first full day in office and assuring officials, "I am so behind you."