Your Dispatches: August 2010 Archives
Sunday August 8, 2010
A number of listeners wrote in after Rick's interview with Richard Gizbert, a TV host with al-Jazeera's English network, which began airing in Canada in May.Read more »
Categories: Your Dispatches
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- Tue., 16 – Uyghur Thriller Soundtrax
- July 2011
- Fri., 8 – Where an uncorrupt official is big news
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Fri., 3 – Colombia's Kidnap Radio on the air
- November 2010
- Fri., 26 – Seoul... kimchi, an aid to weight control
- Tue., 23 – Kampala..The Secret Reach Of "The Family"
- Tue., 23 – Krakow...The Weather With You here
- Tue., 23 – Germany...neeles ant peens here
- Mon., 15 – Zimbabwe...Waiting For The Rain here
- Fri., 5 – China, Japan and rare earth in context
- Fri., 5 – Got your goat shopping done?
- Fri., 5 – From Burma to B.C.
- Mon., 1 – The case for Thorium power continued...
- Mon., 1 – Nicaragua...the remains of a DC-3 here
- October 2010
- Mon., 25 – NYC 9/11...What's Going On here?
- Fri., 22 – Clean cookstoves r you...
- Wed., 20 – Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
- Mon., 18 – The Cuban diet...continued
- Fri., 15 – Falkland Islands...music of the long march
- Fri., 15 – Lusaka, SA...Tracy Chapman echoes here
- Fri., 15 – When in Cuba, eat as the Cubans eat
- Fri., 15 – India's secret war
- Tue., 12 – Khao Lak, Thailand...song from the Tsunami
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- Mon., 17 – pop-up test
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny arrested during protest
- Police detained hundreds of protesters across Russia on Sunday, including opposition leader Alexei Navalny, after thousands took to the streets to demonstrate against corruption and demand the resignation of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
- Trump, after blaming Democrats, now also faults conservatives for failed health-care bill
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday attacked conservative lawmakers for the failure of the Republican bill to replace Barack Obama's health-care law as his aides pledged to court moderate Democrats on upcoming initiatives from health care to tax cuts.
- U.S.-backed troops capture Syrian airbase from ISIS
- U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish forces captured a strategically important airbase from Islamic State militants in north Syria on Sunday in the first major victory for the group since the U.S. airlifted the forces behind enemy lines four days ago.
- 8 feared dead in Japan avalanche
- Eight people are feared dead and two were in critical condition on Monday after an avalanche hit a group of high school students and teachers climbing in central Japan.
- South Korea to seek arrest warrant for impeached ex-president Park
- South Korean prosecutors said Monday that they want a court to issue a warrant to arrest former President Park Geun-hye on corruption allegations.