Your Dispatches: June 2010 Archives
Wednesday June 16, 2010
After our piece on the fledgling Palestinian film industry, we got a rocket from Monica Schubert in Regina.Read more »
Categories: Your Dispatches
Monday June 7, 2010
Will Everett's dispatch about becoming an unexpected guest at somebody else's dinner in India last week caught the attention of Peter Ottis in Ottawa.
It reminded (me) so much of my own experiences in Africa and the Middle East. Linguistic and cultural barriers all too often led to experiences like his... I often found myself in the middle of seemingly-endless meetings, or blindly following a city guide, completely confused at just what exactly I had gotten into. Thankfully, these experiences often lead to great stories that one can laugh about years later. Thanks for a great show.
Your letters. Our thanks. And do keep them coming to firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: Your Dispatches
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- Tue., 16 – Uyghur Thriller Soundtrax
- July 2011
- Fri., 8 – Where an uncorrupt official is big news
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Fri., 3 – Colombia's Kidnap Radio on the air
- November 2010
- Fri., 26 – Seoul... kimchi, an aid to weight control
- Tue., 23 – Kampala..The Secret Reach Of "The Family"
- Tue., 23 – Krakow...The Weather With You here
- Tue., 23 – Germany...neeles ant peens here
- Mon., 15 – Zimbabwe...Waiting For The Rain here
- Fri., 5 – China, Japan and rare earth in context
- Fri., 5 – Got your goat shopping done?
- Fri., 5 – From Burma to B.C.
- Mon., 1 – The case for Thorium power continued...
- Mon., 1 – Nicaragua...the remains of a DC-3 here
- October 2010
- Mon., 25 – NYC 9/11...What's Going On here?
- Fri., 22 – Clean cookstoves r you...
- Wed., 20 – Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
- Mon., 18 – The Cuban diet...continued
- Fri., 15 – Falkland Islands...music of the long march
- Fri., 15 – Lusaka, SA...Tracy Chapman echoes here
- Fri., 15 – When in Cuba, eat as the Cubans eat
- Fri., 15 – India's secret war
- Tue., 12 – Khao Lak, Thailand...song from the Tsunami
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- Mon., 17 – pop-up test
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis What the first 100 days of power reveal about Donald Trump video
- Now that Donald Trump has had a few months with the power to do what he always wanted to do, here's what we've seen him do.
- New Samantha Bee gets star support for her Not The Correspondents' Dinner event
- Late-night TV star Samantha Bee was pulling in celebrities for the first Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday — a tongue-in-cheek play on the real bash, where journalists, the president and, in recent years, lots of bold-face names have mingled.
- Climate protests mark Trump's 100 days in office
- For the second time in a month, tens of thousands of protesters are expected to turn out around the world Saturday to voice concern over climate change in a mass demonstration marking the 100th day of Donald Trump's presidency.
- Wikipedia blocked in Turkey
- Access to Wikipedia has been blocked in Turkey because of content presenting the country as supporting terror.
- North Korea's missile test fire fails hours after UN meeting on nukes
- A North Korean mid-range ballistic missile apparently failed shortly after launch, South Korea and the U.S. said, the third test-fire flop just this month but a clear message of defiance as a U.S. supercarrier conducts drills in nearby waters.