Your Dispatches: June 2010 Archives
Wednesday June 16, 2010
After our piece on the fledgling Palestinian film industry, we got a rocket from Monica Schubert in Regina.Read more »
Categories: Your Dispatches
Monday June 7, 2010
Will Everett's dispatch about becoming an unexpected guest at somebody else's dinner in India last week caught the attention of Peter Ottis in Ottawa.
It reminded (me) so much of my own experiences in Africa and the Middle East. Linguistic and cultural barriers all too often led to experiences like his... I often found myself in the middle of seemingly-endless meetings, or blindly following a city guide, completely confused at just what exactly I had gotten into. Thankfully, these experiences often lead to great stories that one can laugh about years later. Thanks for a great show.
Your letters. Our thanks. And do keep them coming to email@example.com
Categories: Your Dispatches
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- Tue., 16 – Uyghur Thriller Soundtrax
- July 2011
- Fri., 8 – Where an uncorrupt official is big news
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Fri., 3 – Colombia's Kidnap Radio on the air
- November 2010
- Fri., 26 – Seoul... kimchi, an aid to weight control
- Tue., 23 – Kampala..The Secret Reach Of "The Family"
- Tue., 23 – Krakow...The Weather With You here
- Tue., 23 – Germany...neeles ant peens here
- Mon., 15 – Zimbabwe...Waiting For The Rain here
- Fri., 5 – China, Japan and rare earth in context
- Fri., 5 – Got your goat shopping done?
- Fri., 5 – From Burma to B.C.
- Mon., 1 – The case for Thorium power continued...
- Mon., 1 – Nicaragua...the remains of a DC-3 here
- October 2010
- Mon., 25 – NYC 9/11...What's Going On here?
- Fri., 22 – Clean cookstoves r you...
- Wed., 20 – Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
- Mon., 18 – The Cuban diet...continued
- Fri., 15 – Falkland Islands...music of the long march
- Fri., 15 – Lusaka, SA...Tracy Chapman echoes here
- Fri., 15 – When in Cuba, eat as the Cubans eat
- Fri., 15 – India's secret war
- Tue., 12 – Khao Lak, Thailand...song from the Tsunami
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- Mon., 17 – pop-up test
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Rex Tillerson, Exxon Mobil CEO, meets with Trump as candidate for secretary of state
- Donald Trump has met with Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson as the incoming president considers his options for secretary of state.
- Russia accepts IOC plan to retest Olympic doping samples
- Russia says it will accept an International Olympic Committee plan to retest all drug test samples given by Russian athletes at the 2012 and 2014 Olympics.
- Aleppo exodus grows as thousands more leave
- More than 20,000 civilians left eastern Aleppo today as government forces continued to hammer rebel-held areas of the city.
- CIA says Russia intervened to help Trump win White House, U.S. official says
- The CIA has concluded that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help president-elect Donald Trump win the White House, and not just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, a senior U.S. official said on Friday.
- CBC IN HONG KONG Are democracy's days numbered in this former colony?
- The push is on to strengthen Chinese control of Hong Kong. The red flags are flying, the loudspeakers are at full volume.