Assam, India...childbirth can be deadly here
Freelance journalist Hanna Ingber Win's photos, from the tea gardens of Assam, India. Assam has India's highest maternal mortality rate. Hanna went there to interview families who'd lost their mothers, and health care workers who try to help pregnant mothers get the medical help they need.
Categories: Correspondents' Dispatches, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Pakistan school attack arrests made, officials say video
- Pakistan's interior minister says authorities have made arrests in the case of the Taliban school attack that killed 148 in the northwestern city of Peshawar.
- Updated Marco Antonio Parilla Jr. arrested in killing of Florida police officer
- Police in Florida have arrested 23-year-old Marco Antonio Parilla Jr. on suspicion of first-degree murder after a police officer was shot and killed while on duty Sunday.
- Sony Pictures hacking: Obama to wait, 'review the findings' on North Korea video
- The United States is reviewing whether to put North Korea back onto its list of state sponsors of terrorism, President Barack Obama said as the U.S. decides how to respond to the cyberattack on Sony Pictures Entertainment that law enforcement has blamed on the communist nation.
- German house sparkles with over 400,000 Christmas lights
- A privately owned home in the town of Bücken, Germany is attracting visitors because more than 400,000 twinkling lights adorn the house, garden, trees and fences.
- Ismaaiyl Brinsley: Warning about gunman came just after NYC police ambush
- New York Mayor Bill de Blasio faced the biggest crisis of his time in office on Sunday following the fatal shooting of two police officers, in an attack intended as retribution for recent U.S. police killings of unarmed black men.