Assam, India...childbirth can be deadly here
Freelance journalist Hanna Ingber Win's photos, from the tea gardens of Assam, India. Assam has India's highest maternal mortality rate. Hanna went there to interview families who'd lost their mothers, and health care workers who try to help pregnant mothers get the medical help they need.
Categories: Correspondents' Dispatches, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Trump's bluster doing nothing to neutralize North Korea's nuclear ambitions
- On the issue of North Korea acquiring nuclear weapons, Pyongyang doesn't plan to back down – and Washington seems to have no plan at all, writes Saša Petricic.
- Macron, Le Pen qualify for 2nd round of France's presidential election video
- Centrist Emmanuel Macron and far-right leader Marine Le Pen are set to face each other in a May 7 runoff for the French presidency after coming first and second in Sunday's first round of voting, early projections indicated.
- 'He can't think straight': Mom pleads for teen charged with threatening Jewish centres video
- An Israeli-American teenager accused of making dozens of bomb threats to Jewish community centres was identified for the first time on Friday in separate criminal complaints filed in U.S. federal courts in Florida and Georgia that linked him to hundreds of hoax calls in 2015 and 2017.
- Canadian investors look to LA, where some celeb homes rival inner-city Toronto prices
- As if housing market prices in Toronto aren't discouraging enough, it hurts even more knowing a celebrity pad in Los Angeles can be comparable in price to some homes in the downtown core.
- North Korea says it's ready to strike U.S. aircraft carrier
- North Korea said on Sunday it was ready to sink a U.S. aircraft carrier to demonstrate its military might, as two Japanese navy ships joined a U.S. carrier group for exercises in the western Pacific.