Correspondents' Dispatches: June 2010 Archives
Thursday June 17, 2010
Freelance journalist Hanna Ingber Win's photos, from the tea gardens of Assam, India. Assam has India's highest maternal mortality rate. Hanna went there to interview families who'd lost their mothers, and health care workers who try to help pregnant mothers get the medical help they need.
Categories: Correspondents' Dispatches, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Hamas arsenal suggests 'apocalyptic' scenario: Israeli official
- The Western world "cannot tolerate" the strategic threat posed by a Hamas with newly uncovered "state-like" capabilities in rocketry and tunnelling, a senior Israeli defence official told reporters in Ottawa today.
- Analysis Is Russia's fight with Ukraine as intractable as the Middle East? video
- If the world seems like a confusing, chaotic place right now with rampant, sudden, often tribal violence, and no one seemingly in charge, that's because it is, Brian Stewart writes.
- Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17: Cockpit voice recorder 'in good condition' video
- The cockpit voice recorder of the Malaysian airliner downed over Ukraine is in good condition, the UN civil aviation body said on Wednesday, adding that it was holding talks with airlines and states on how to assess the danger posed by conflicts.
- Video Gaza conflict: Food shortages push residents to aid centres video
- CBC's Paul Hunter reports from a crowded food distribution centre in Gaza City, where displaced Palestinians have come for food and shelter.
- Analysis Why Texas Gov. Rick Perry may run again for president
- Gov. Rick Perry may have set his sights on the Texas border with his plan to send 1,000 state National Guard troops to boost security, but some suggest his main target is the Republican Party, as the governor considers another presidential run.