A Space Shuttle, a premier, and an ocean
|Space shuttle Atlantis (Photo/AP)|
Well down at the Kennedy Space Centre right now, they're prepping for the final flight of the shuttle program.
It's due to go up July 8 for the very last time.
NASA's vision for economic, re-useable transportation delivering people and payloads -- and perhaps space's secrets itself -- is a casualty of earthbound budget cuts after more than 40 years.
But when Atlantis does go up, Rick already knows a particular song will run through his head with the same painful intensity as the roar of the shuttle's solid rocket boosters.
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis A Brexit vote to settle 1 party's rift creates multitude of others: Nahlah Ayed video
- With Britain's historic vote to exit the European Union only a few hours old, the country is not only worryingly polarized but also well into the process of a massive political correction — all precipitated by the dicey actions of its prime minister, writes the CBC's Nahlah Ayed from London.
- CBC IN BRUSSELS Leave victory should send chill down EU's collective spine
- You could almost feel the hulking edifices that house the European Union’s main institutions in Brussels shrinking in on themselves as the news arrived with a grey dawn that one of their own, even if only reluctantly so, would be leaving after all — divorce papers to be delivered soon.
- Britons ask Google their questions about Brexit, EU
- The United Kingdom's historic vote to exit the European Union is dominating the conversation online as well as in global headlines.
- Millennial frustration with the Brexit vote
- As the results of Thursday's nail-biting Brexit vote came rolling in, some of the strongest reactions came from young people in the U.K.
- Amish community in shock over girl 'gifted' to man
- Police say Daniel Stoltzfus and his wife "gifted" their 14-year-old daughter to a man after he helped them out financially — and apparently sent their nine younger daughters to live with the 51-year-old at his small home near Philadelphia.