Montebaducco, Italy...what you don't know about donkey milk
Donkeys roam the stables at Montebaducco Farm, in Italy (Photo/Emma Wallis)
Land of milkin' donkeys
Here's one of those "who knew?" stories that we like on Dispatches. From the Italian countryside, here's Emma Wallis in Montebaducco.
And besides drinking the stuff, the ancients used to prescribe donkey milk for snakebite and nosebleeds.
Did they know something we've all but forgotten?
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- live Oklahoma tornado recovery work begins after deadly storm video
- Recovery efforts are underway after a tornado flattened two elementary schools and many homes south of Oklahoma City, leaving 24 people dead, including seven children. U.S. President Barack Obama responds by promising federal aid and other help.
- Baseball fuels dreams, desperation in Dominican Republic video
- The Toronto Blue Jays have a number of stars from the Dominican Republic, but in the shadow of these successful players is an equally important story about the deaths of young players and a country desperately struggling to balance hope and poverty.
- analysis Keith Boag: Have you heard about the murderous abortion doctor?
- The gruesome trial and murder conviction of Philadelphia abortion provider Dr. Kermit Gosnell is unlikely to change American abortion law, Keith Boag writes. But it has U.S. journalists questioning their priorities and how they cover such a sensitive issue.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook faces grilling on Irish tax scandal
- The world's most valuable company, Apple Inc., employs a group of affiliate companies located in Ireland to avoid paying billions of dollars in U.S. income taxes, a Senate investigation has found — and its CEO will be questioned Tuesday.
- interactive Before and after: Oklahoma tornado
- A tornado ripped through Moore, Okla., on May 20, 2013, flattening many homes, two elementary schools and a medical centre.