Montebaducco, Italy...what you don't know about donkey milk
Donkeys roam the stables at Montebaducco Farm, in Italy (Photo/Emma Wallis)
Land of milkin' donkeys
Here's one of those "who knew?" stories that we like on Dispatches. From the Italian countryside, here's Emma Wallis in Montebaducco.
And besides drinking the stuff, the ancients used to prescribe donkey milk for snakebite and nosebleeds.
Did they know something we've all but forgotten?
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Justin Trudeau suggests China improve its image by tightening ties with Canada video
- Justin Trudeau delivered a message to powerful business leaders in Beijing on Tuesday, shortly after his plane touched down: China needs a little more Canada.
- 'I have no alternative': Palestinian teen sneaks into Israel to join 25,000 illegal workers video
- Israeli authorities say they plan to clamp down on some 25,000 Palestinians working inside Israel illegally. But the illegal workers continue to make their way in. See how two young Palestinian make the dangerous journey.
- EU rules Apple must pay up to 13B euros in back taxes
- The European Union says Ireland has given illegal tax benefits worth up to 13 billion euros ($14.5 billion US) to Apple Inc. and must now recover the unpaid back taxes from the U.S. technology company, plus interest.
- Impeachment trial a step away from 'real coup d'état,' says Brazil's Dilma Rousseff
- Suspended president Dilma Rousseff appears before Brazil's Senate to defend herself against charges of breaking budget laws in an impeachment trial that is expected to remove her from office this week.
- Suicide bomber hits near presidential palace in Somalia
- A suicide bomber detonates an explosives-laden truck near the gate of Somalia's presidential palace in the capital, killing at least five people, police say.