Montebaducco, Italy...what you don't know about donkey milk
Donkeys roam the stables at Montebaducco Farm, in Italy (Photo/Emma Wallis)
Land of milkin' donkeys
Here's one of those "who knew?" stories that we like on Dispatches. From the Italian countryside, here's Emma Wallis in Montebaducco.
And besides drinking the stuff, the ancients used to prescribe donkey milk for snakebite and nosebleeds.
Did they know something we've all but forgotten?
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump fulfils 'Day 1' vows with 3 executive orders in preview of agenda reset video
- Vested with the presidential authority to deliver on some of his "Day 1" promises, Donald Trump signs three executive orders to pull out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, restore a Republican abortion policy, and put a hiring freeze on federal employees.
- Financial markets rattled at start of Trump's 1st week as president
- North American financial markets lost ground during President Donald Trump's first full weekday in office, as the new U.S. administration signalled that it's serious about upending the economic status quo.
- 'Enough now': Standing Rock tribe formally asks protesters to leave camps
- The Standing Rock Sioux tribe in North Dakota has ordered the dismantling of several protester camps set up to oppose a contentious pipeline project, after a unanimous vote held by council members on Friday.
- Analysis Why the spy trade is such a booming industry: Brian Stewart
- The alleged Russian plot that targeted the U.S. presidential election has raised concerns we’re headed for Cold War levels of spying, but there’s actually plenty of evidence the world soared past that point years ago.
- Dutch PM, trailing anti-immigration lawmaker in polls, says integrate or leave
- Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte sought to lure voters away from anti-immigration lawmaker Geert Wilders, as campaigning for the March 15 national elections heated up on Monday.