Montebaducco, Italy...what you don't know about donkey milk
Donkeys roam the stables at Montebaducco Farm, in Italy (Photo/Emma Wallis)
Land of milkin' donkeys
Here's one of those "who knew?" stories that we like on Dispatches. From the Italian countryside, here's Emma Wallis in Montebaducco.
And besides drinking the stuff, the ancients used to prescribe donkey milk for snakebite and nosebleeds.
Did they know something we've all but forgotten?
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Boris Johnson, former London mayor, rules out bid to be next British PM video
- Former London mayor Boris Johnson abruptly pulls out of the race to become Britain's next prime minister, in a shock move that upturns a political order shaken by last week's vote to leave the European Union.
- CBC IN ISTANBUL Turkey finds itself in the midst of a perfect storm: Nahlah Ayed
- Once a speck of relative calm in a sea of regional turmoil, Turkey is now struggling to protect from and brace for the increasingly violent consequences of living next door to a major war zone.
- Istanbul airport attackers were Russian, Uzbek and Kyrgyz, official says video
- The three suicide bombers who carried out a deadly attack on Istanbul's main airport were of Russian, Uzbek and Kyrgyz nationality, a Turkish official said on Thursday.
- Live U.K. benchmark stock index back above pre-Brexit vote level video
- Bank of England governor Mark Carney will speak at 11 a.m. ET in London about the central bank's plans in the wake of last week's vote in which a majority of Britons said they wanted to exit the European Union.
- NASA's Juno could help us understand origins of solar system
- Juno has the potential to answer questions that have been plaguing the scientific community for decades.