Tunis...joining the queues of complainers here
Zamazi Messaoud Ladaissi says relatives of the ousted president beat and jailed him to force him to hand over his shop to them. Photo/Megan Williams.
Tunisia's democratic rebellion seems to be working. Everybody's complaining.
Only now, somebody's listening.
Especially, Canadian Megan Williams found out, when it comes to getting back what the rulers of the former kleptocracy stole.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Donald Trump's choice of generals for top posts 'extremely unusual'
- The procession of former military officers nominated for top jobs in Donald Trump’s administration is raising concerns over whether the appointments could defy an American constitutional tenet: civilian oversight of government.
- South Korea president Park Geun-hye is impeached
- South Korean lawmakers on Friday voted to impeach President Park Geun-hye, a stunning and swift fall for the country's first female leader amid protests that drew millions into the streets in united fury.
- Aleppo still getting shelled despite Russian claims to the contrary
- Syrian troops and allied forces shelled eastern Aleppo on Friday despite Russia's announcement that the Syrian army was suspending combat operations to allow for the evacuation of civilians from besieged rebel-held districts.
- Photos Victims of Colombia's 50-year war work to start over with some help from Canada
- For Lucero Martinez and dozens of other women who've been victimized by Colombia's half-century-long guerrilla war, the production line at Fruandes has become a place of second chances — thanks in part to Canadian investment and appetites.
- Leung Chun-ying, Hong Kong's top executive, won't serve another term
- Hong Kong's divisive Beijing-backed leader, Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying, said Friday he won't run again for the job after his current term ends next year, citing unspecified family reasons.