Berlin...military brass and Smoke On The Water
Putting some oom-pah-pah into a rock classic. But the "why " behind it is a tale in itself.
As Dispatches host Rick MacInnes-Rae says: "Stories like this are why I come into work in the morning."
The link to the video is on the Dispatches webpage for the March 24 program
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN CALAIS France starts to evict people from Calais 'jungle' refugee camp
- French authorities begin dismantling the refugee camp outside of Calais that's sometimes known as "the jungle." But the future is unclear for the estimated 9,000 people living there.
- Iraq government investigating airstrike on mosque that left 13 dead
- Iraqi forces shelled Islamic State positions outside Mosul on Monday as fighting to retake the extremist-held city entered its second week. A rights group, meanwhile, urged a probe into a suspected airstrike last week that mistakenly hit a mosque, killing over a dozen civilians.
- Tom Hayden, Chicago 8 anti-war activist and later a politician, dead at 76
- Tom Hayden, the famed 1960s anti-war activist who moved beyond his notoriety as a Chicago 8 defendant to become a California legislator, author and lecturer, has died. He was 76.
- Sailors abducted 4½ years ago by Somali pirates freed
- Following more than four years in captivity, 26 Asian sailors held hostage by Somali pirates have been rescued from their captors, China's Foreign Ministry confirmed Monday.
- Clinton and Democrats are looking past Trump, focusing on winning House and Senate seats
- Hillary Clinton says she doesn't "even think about responding" to Trump anymore and would instead spend the final weeks on the road "emphasizing the importance of electing Democrats down the ballot" in an effort to help them seize the Senate and chip away at the Republican-controlled House.