Margaret Evans' Mideast overview
A rebel carrying the flag of pre-Gadhafi Libya (Photo/Reuters)
Just weeks into a new political reality in several North African states the questions are: Will the revolutions hold? Is leadership emerging? Is more change coming?
CBC correspondent Margaret Evans has covered the politics of Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and Yemen for years before their revolutions. And she's been to most of them since. She spoke with Rick MacInnes-Rae, from Tripoli.
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New York Mayor Bill de Blasio will attend funeral of slain police officer video
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said he will attend the funeral on Saturday for one of the two police officers killed over the weekend while they sat in their patrol car in Brooklyn.
- the fifth estate Mohamed Fahmy, Canadian imprisoned in Egypt, pleads for Harper's help
- Imprisoned Canadian journalist Mohamed Fahmy tells CBC's the fifth estate in an exclusive interview that Prime Minister Stephen Harper should personally ask Egypt's president to release him before it's too late and an appeal court finalizes his sentence.
- Ebola survivor's blood used to search for cure to deadly disease
- Several leading scientists have embraced the idea of using survivors' antibodies as the most promising approach in the fight against Ebola.
- Photos 2014: A look at stunning and odd moments around the world
- From Miley Cyrus's onstage antics to surfing the biggest waves of the year: A look at some of 2014's most wondrous moments and oddest goings on captured by photographers around the world.
- New Ambassador Alexander Darchiev: 'Crimea is Russia - once and forever' video
- Russia will not change course in Crimea - but insists that diplomacy, not sanctions, will resolve the crisis, says Moscow's new Ambassador to Canada Alexander Darchiev in an exclusive interview with CBC News Network's Power and Politics.