Margaret Evans' Mideast overview
A rebel carrying the flag of pre-Gadhafi Libya (Photo/Reuters)
Just weeks into a new political reality in several North African states the questions are: Will the revolutions hold? Is leadership emerging? Is more change coming?
CBC correspondent Margaret Evans has covered the politics of Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and Yemen for years before their revolutions. And she's been to most of them since. She spoke with Rick MacInnes-Rae, from Tripoli.
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Photos Climate change threatens World Heritage sites, report says
- Dozens of iconic tourist destinations like Venice, Stonehenge and Old Town Lunenburg, N.S., are threatened by risks linked to climate change, from rising sea levels to extreme weather, says the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Updated Ambassador Kevin Vickers, former House sergeant-at-arms, tackles protester in Dublin video
- Canada's ambassador to Ireland, and the onetime sergeant-at-arms who shot Ottawa gunman Michael Zehaf-Bibeau after he stormed Parliament Hill in 2014, tackled a protester at a ceremony in Dublin this morning.
- CBC IN JAPAN Canada expects 'strong' G7 statement against paying hostage ransoms video audio
- The G7 is poised to take a strong stand against the practice of governments paying ransoms for hostages kidnapped by groups with links to terrorism, one of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's top priorities at this summit of world leaders.
- NASA hits snag while inflating new room at space station
- NASA hit a snag while releasing air into an experimental inflatable room at the International Space Station on Thursday and put everything on hold for at least a day.
- Donald Trump reaches magic number to clinch Republican nomination
- Donald Trump reaches the number of delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination for president, completing an unlikely rise that has upended the political landscape and sets the stage for a bitter fall campaign.