Lampedusa Island...Tunisian refugees land here
The uprising in Tunisia is spilling refugees onto the shores around it.
Megan Williams meets some, on the Italian island of Lampedusa, a hundred kilometres east of Tunisia -- from the Feb 17 Dispatches radio program.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Nepal earthquake: Canada readies aid, disaster team video
- The Harper government stepped up its response to earthquake-ravaged Nepal on Sunday by dispatching advance elements of its highly specialized disaster assistance response team.
- James Holmes trial in Batman premiere mass shooting hears opening statements today
- The key to the death-penalty trial of a man who methodically shot at moviegoers at a Batman movie premiere will be what was going on inside his mind as he threw smoke canisters and then marched up and down the aisles, firing at anyone who tried to flee.
- Writer Michael Ondaatje boycotts PEN gala over Charlie Hebdo award
- Michael Ondaatje, Francine Prose and at least four other writers have withdrawn from next month's PEN American gala, citing objections to the literary and human rights organization's honouring the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.
- New Kim Kardashian says she supports Bruce Jenner's transition '100%'
- Reality TV star Kim Kardashian says she and her family support her stepfather Bruce Jenner as he goes through gender transition, in an interview Monday on NBC's Today Show.
- Updated Nepal earthquake: Death toll rises to over 4,000 video
- The death toll from Nepal's earthquake soared past 4,000 Monday, and how much higher it would rise depended largely on the condition of vulnerable mountain villages that rescue workers were still struggling to reach two days after the disaster.