Lampedusa Island...Tunisian refugees land here
The uprising in Tunisia is spilling refugees onto the shores around it.
Megan Williams meets some, on the Italian island of Lampedusa, a hundred kilometres east of Tunisia -- from the Feb 17 Dispatches radio program.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- New Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe is selling elephants to prop up his broken regime
- After nearly 40 years of Robert Mugabe’s rule, Zimbabwe is broke — so broke that it’s selling its elephants. CBC News explores the dying days of a dictatorship that continues to punish its people.
- Analysis 'The White House is in disarray': Trump struggles to find 'easy win' after health-care dud
- Most of Donald Trump's achievements so far have come via executive orders, proclamations and appointments. Lacking any legislative victories following the health-care bill implosion, tackling tax reform may not be a recipe for that kind of success.
- New Netflix's anti-piracy team aims to make stealing content uncool
- Netflix has set up a new Global Copyright Protection Group to stop people from stealing its original content. The group's ultimate aim is to reduce online piracy "to a socially unacceptable fringe activity."
- U.K. tabloid's 'Legs-it' front page draws sexism complaints
- Britain's Daily Mail tabloid has sparked complaints with a front-page photograph focusing on the legs of Prime Minister Theresa May and Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- New Trump takes credit as Ford set to announce spending on U.S. plants
- U.S. President Donald Trump touted Ford Motor Co.'s expected announcement Tuesday about investments and jobs at its U.S. plants, saying the automaker would be making a major investment in three Michigan facilities.