Kingi, Congo...feared former rebels in the army here
CBC's Stephen Puddicombe climbs a mountain to a village beset by former rebel soldiers, now in the national army. The DRC recruits former rebels, in an attempt to pacify them. That's been mostly successful. In many cases though, Stephen reported on the Dispatches Feb 17 program, it is not. Stephen's full documentary
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump vows federal help as storm, tornadoes rip through southeastern U.S., killing 15
- A dangerous weekend weather system has killed at least 15 people in the U.S. South. U.S. President Donald Trump has pledged federal assistance for the affected areas, and Georgia has declared a state of emergency.
- 'He wants Americans to love him': Trump biographers on what kind of president he'll be
- Donald Trump's need for approval as well as his insecurities over his intellect and wealth offer insight into how he'll act as U.S. president, say two of his biographers.
- Netanyahu to meet with Trump before calling vote on West Bank annexation
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delayed a vote Sunday on an explosive proposal to annex one of the West Bank's largest settlements, apparently to co-ordinate his policy toward the Palestinians with the new administration of U.S. President Donald Trump.
- Trump overstates inauguration crowd as Women's March appears to draw bigger turnout video
- There were strong signs across the U.S. that the number of people who attended the Women's March on Washington on Saturday topped those who gathered on Friday to watch U.S. President Donald Trump's inauguration.
- Syrian rebels urge Russia to help ensure ceasefire holds
- A Syrian rebel group called on Russia to withstand pressure from Iran and the Syrian government to help ensure that a ceasefire reached last month holds, the head of a delegation at peace talks told Reuters on Sunday.