Kingi, Congo...feared former rebels in the army here
CBC's Stephen Puddicombe climbs a mountain to a village beset by former rebel soldiers, now in the national army. The DRC recruits former rebels, in an attempt to pacify them. That's been mostly successful. In many cases though, Stephen reported on the Dispatches Feb 17 program, it is not. Stephen's full documentary
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- coming up live Edward Snowden live chat at noon ET
- A Canadian team has created a searchable database of all the public classified documents leaked by former U.S. National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden in hopes it'll help citizens better understand the complex files trickling out around the world.
- New Sugar intake should be reduced to 5-10% of calories, WHO says
- People worldwide should cut back on their free sugar intake to 5 to 10 per cent of their overall calories, the World Health Organization advises.
- New Boris Nemtsov killing: Who is left to challenge Vladimir Putin? video
- The assassination of Boris Nemtsov may have dealt a severe blow to the opposition movement in Russia, but it's a group that was already severely marginalized, with no one figure able to garner enough support to offer any real threat to President Vladimir Putin's hold on power.
- Ferguson police department report to be released today
- A U.S. Justice Department report says blacks in Ferguson, Mo., are disproportionately subject to excessive police force, baseless traffic stops and citations for infractions as petty as walking down the middle of street.
- New Interview with Mukesh Singh, India gang-rapist, gets documentary banned
- India's home minister said on Wednesday he would investigate how a film crew managed to interview a death row convict who expressed no remorse for his part in the fatal gang rape of a woman in New Delhi in 2012, an attack that sparked outrage.