Kingi, Congo...feared former rebels in the army here
CBC's Stephen Puddicombe climbs a mountain to a village beset by former rebel soldiers, now in the national army. The DRC recruits former rebels, in an attempt to pacify them. That's been mostly successful. In many cases though, Stephen reported on the Dispatches Feb 17 program, it is not. Stephen's full documentary
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Chris Christie drops bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Chris Christie ended his campaign for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination Wednesday, a day after the New Jersey governor's sixth-place showing in the New Hampshire primary.
- Microcephaly cases in Brazil predate Zika virus outbreak, study says
- Large numbers of babies with borderline normal heads were born Brazil as far back as 2012, two years before the Zika virus is thought to have entered the country, say researchers searching for answers to urgent questions.
- U.S. Justice Dept. files civil rights lawsuit against Ferguson, Mo.
- The U.S. Justice Department says it has filed a civil rights lawsuit against Ferguson, Mo., to enforce a police and court reform plan after the city said it wanted to amend some aspects of a consent decree it reached with the federal agency.
- LIGO makes gravitational wave announcement Thursday
- Following weeks of rumours that gravitational waves have finally been discovered, scientists are set to make a much-anticipated announcement Thursday morning.
- New Suicide bombers hit Nigerian refugee camp, kill dozens
- Two female suicide bombers blew themselves up in a northeastern Nigerian refugee camp, killing at least 58 people, health and rescue officials said Wednesday.