Nairobi...Togetherness Supreme here
|Lining up to watch the movie in Nairobi(Photo/Nathan L. Collett)|
Canadian journalist David McDougall was in the middle of a real riot as well as a movie riot during the filming of Togetherness Supreme.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival named it Best International Film this week: "directed by Nathan Collett, and based on true events that show a street level vantage point of the Kenyan political riots of 2007."
David filed a dispatch that we aired last June 3.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump a 'puppet' of Putin? WikiLeaks target isn't who you may think, Russia experts say video
- If Russian President Vladimir Putin is indeed pulling the strings in this U.S. election, he's likely less interested in shaking up the outcome of the race than in proving a point about American democracy, experts say.
- Major cyberattack knocks Twitter, Reddit, Spotify offline on U.S. East Coast
- Some major internet companies suffered service disruptions for several hours on Friday morning as internet infrastructure provider Dyn said it was hit by a cyber attack that disrupted traffic mainly on the U.S. East Coast.
- Nigerians forced to flee Boko Haram now face another risk — starvation
- After being forced to flee their homes, witnessing brutal violence and the destruction of their communities, many in northeastern Nigeria are now facing another pressing risk — severe malnutrition and starvation.
- In Haiti, hopes dim for finding lost victims of Hurricane Matthew
- Hopes have dimmed for Haitians combing the countryside for missing relatives in the Caribbean nation's hardest-hit zone, the remote and long-ignored southwestern tip
- New Pakistan is going to execute man with schizophrenia, rights group says
- An international rights group and a defence lawyer say Pakistan's Supreme Court has paved the way for execution of a mentally ill death-row prisoner by ruling that schizophrenia does not qualify as a mental disorder.