Nairobi...Togetherness Supreme here
|Lining up to watch the movie in Nairobi(Photo/Nathan L. Collett)|
Canadian journalist David McDougall was in the middle of a real riot as well as a movie riot during the filming of Togetherness Supreme.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival named it Best International Film this week: "directed by Nathan Collett, and based on true events that show a street level vantage point of the Kenyan political riots of 2007."
David filed a dispatch that we aired last June 3.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Ebola outbreak: CDC releases new guidelines for protective gear
- Health officials have released new guidelines for how health workers should gear up to treat Ebola patients.
- U.S. military urged to follow Canada's transgender policy
- The Canadian Forces allows transgender people to serve, but in the U.S., Pentagon rules prohibit transgender members. Advocates in the U.S. are pushing for an end to the ban and are pointing to Canada and other countries to show how it can work.
- Shark attacks man surfing with 3 young sons
- A man surfing with his three young sons used his fist and surfboard to fend off a shark attack in waters off Maui that were rough and murky from a hurricane that churned passed Hawaii over the weekend.
- Photos Foam fight frenzy at St. Andrews University
- Scottish first-year university students at St. Andrews honour a centuries-old tradition that once involved the gift of a sack of raisins to senior students, but has come under fire recently for raucous behaviour and a giant foam fight.
- Indiana suspect Darren Vann charged in 1 death after 7 bodies found
- Darren Vann, a man suspected in the deaths of seven women in northwestern Indiana, has been charged in one of the slayings.