London...cuts to BBC World Sevice here
Former CBC corresponent Laura Lynch saw cuts to BBC's World Service play out from her desk at Bush House in London -- and felt her own world shrink a little.
Send any memories you have of listening to The World Service to email@example.com
Read some from others, in Your Dispatches
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Venezuela's vegetable brigades help families with escalating cost of food
- To combat Venezuela's massive food crisis, members of collectives pool their money and buy in bulk directly from farmers.
- Despite presidential snub, Trump jokes front and centre at White House press dinners video
- Without U.S. President Donald Trump, the usually celebrity-filled soiree hosted by the White House Correspondents' Association took a more sober turn, but headline comedian Hasan Minhaj still brought the humour. Late night television show host Samantha Bee also hosted a competing event.
- Philippines says Trump invited Duterte to White House
- U.S. President Donald Trump has called Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte and expressed his interest in developing "a warm working relationship," according to a Filipino official.
- Famed climber Ueli 'the Swiss Machine' Steck killed near Mount Everest
- Famed Swiss climber Ueli Steck was killed Sunday in a mountaineering accident near Mount Everest in Nepal, expedition organizers said.
- Indivisible: The new left-wing movement modelled on the right video
- The Indivisible movement is emulating Tea Party tactics, saying Trump has awoken "the sleeping giant."