London...cuts to BBC World Sevice here
Former CBC corresponent Laura Lynch saw cuts to BBC's World Service play out from her desk at Bush House in London -- and felt her own world shrink a little.
Send any memories you have of listening to The World Service to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read some from others, in Your Dispatches
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Malaysia Airlines: Fearing the worst, search shifts to disaster recovery video
- Malaysia Airlines presumes its missing plane carrying 239 people has crashed and is working with a company that specializes in disaster recovery, as officials investigate some mysterious passenger identities.
- New Pistorius murder trial grips viewers worldwide video
- The court scene has become a stew of fallen celebrity, media circus, quirky tradition and the legal parsing of words and memories under the stern oversight of a judge who on Friday warned people in the gallery they would be "chucked out" if they misbehaved.
- Syrian troops take rebel-held town near Lebanese border
- Syrian government forces seized a town from rebels near the Lebanese border on Saturday, their latest attempt to cut off opposition fighters' fluid supply lines from the country.
- Paralympian Tatyana McFadden's Russian homecoming has emotional twist
- When Tatyana McFadden competes at the Sochi Games on Sunday, it’ll mark several firsts for one of the most decorated American Paralympians, but only one that is dear to her heart.
- Ukraine crisis: Tension escalates on ground in Crimea video
- A Ukrainian border patrol plane came under fire while flying at about 1,000 metres near the administrative border with Russian-occupied Crimea on Saturday, border guards said as the crisis in the region deepens.