London...cuts to BBC World Sevice here
Former CBC corresponent Laura Lynch saw cuts to BBC's World Service play out from her desk at Bush House in London -- and felt her own world shrink a little.
Send any memories you have of listening to The World Service to email@example.com
Read some from others, in Your Dispatches
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Polls favourable to Donald Trump may be overestimating his support, state polls suggest video
- Though the consensus points to a lead for Hillary Clinton, a few polls suggest that Donald Trump is running much closer to the Democratic nominee — or even ahead. But a look at the state polls suggests that these may be outliers.
- Crews start dismantling French camp while migrants remain
- Crews in hard hats and orange jumpsuits on Tuesday started dismantling a makeshift camp in France that has become a symbol of Europe's migrant crisis while thousands of people remained there waiting to be relocated.
- U.S. judge approves $15B settlement in Volkswagen emissions scandal
- A U.S. federal judge in San Francisco has approved a $15 billion US court settlement of most claims against Volkswagen for its emissions-cheating scandal.
- Vatican issues new rules on Catholic cremation
- In recognition of "All Souls Day" on Nov. 2, the Vatican issued new instructions regarding cremation, stating ashes must be placed in a sacred church-approved place.
- 59 killed, 117 wounded after gunmen attack Pakistani police training centre video
- Militants wearing suicide vests stormed a Pakistani police academy in the southwestern city of Quetta overnight, killing at least 59 people, mostly police cadets and recruits, and waging a ferocious gunbattle with troops that lasted into early hours Tuesday.