London...cuts to BBC World Sevice here
Former CBC corresponent Laura Lynch saw cuts to BBC's World Service play out from her desk at Bush House in London -- and felt her own world shrink a little.
Send any memories you have of listening to The World Service to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read some from others, in Your Dispatches
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Trump University slammed by New York AG as sales 'playbooks' are released
- New York's attorney general, who has filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump's education venture, Trump University, slammed the presumptive Republican presidential nominee on Tuesday for his attack on a U.S. district judge's ethnicity.
- WHO updates Zika virus warning to wait at least 8 weeks before trying to conceive
- The UN health agency says sexual transmission of Zika is more common than first thought, so its updated advice to women who have been in areas hit by the virus tells them to wait even longer to conceive.
- Thousands of children at risk in Fallujah, UNICEF says
- At least 20,000 children remain inside besieged Fallujah, Islamic State's stronghold near Baghdad, facing the risk of forced recruitment in the fighting and separation from their families, the United Nations' children's agency said on Wednesday.
- Minivan-sized sponge off Hawaii is biggest ever found
- The team of scientists on a deep-sea expedition in the waters off Hawaii discovered what they say is the world's largest known sponge.
- Canadian accused of torturing, killing spouse in Los Angeles
- Torture and murder charges have been laid in Los Angeles against a man reportedly from Toronto.