London...cuts to BBC World Sevice here
Former CBC corresponent Laura Lynch saw cuts to BBC's World Service play out from her desk at Bush House in London -- and felt her own world shrink a little.
Send any memories you have of listening to The World Service to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read some from others, in Your Dispatches
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Nerve agent used in murder of Kim Jong-nam, Malaysia says
- The banned chemical weapon VX nerve agent was used to kill Kim Jong-nam, the North Korean ruler's outcast half brother who was poisoned last week at the airport in Kuala Lumpur, police said Friday. The announcement raised serious questions about public safety in a building that was never decontaminated.
- Donald Trump wants to build up U.S. nuclear arsenal
- U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he wants to build up the U.S. nuclear arsenal to ensure it is at the "top of the pack," saying the United States has fallen behind in its atomic weapons capacity.
- U.S., Mexico at odds over deportation, border wall as officials meet
- Senior Mexican officials on Thursday expressed "worry and irritation" about U.S. policies during a visit by two of President Donald Trump's top envoys, who in turn sought to cool tempers after weeks of tension between the neighbours.
- Video Large iceberg poised to break off Antarctic ice shelf video
- An iceberg that's 80 kilometres long is poised to break off Antarctica.
- Reince Priebus accused of asking FBI to refute critical Trump story
- White House chief of staff Reince Priebus asked a top FBI official to dispute media reports that President Donald Trump's campaign advisers were frequently in touch with Russian intelligence agents during the election, a White House official said late Thursday.