London...cuts to BBC World Sevice here
Former CBC corresponent Laura Lynch saw cuts to BBC's World Service play out from her desk at Bush House in London -- and felt her own world shrink a little.
Send any memories you have of listening to The World Service to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read some from others, in Your Dispatches
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Sochi Paralympics confronts Russia's attitude towards disabled video
- In gearing up for the 2014 Sochi Olympic and Paralympic Games, Russia made great strides on the accessibility front. But many disabled say the country still has a long way to go.
- Updated Malaysia Airlines jet search turns up nothing but ocean trash video
- Rescuers searching for a Malaysia Airlines jet discovered that a yellow object in the ocean was only moss-covered trash, once again dashing hopes after more than two days of fruitless search for the plane that disappeared with 239 people on board, including two Canadians.
- South Korean trade deal sets up fight between auto, agriculture sectors video
- It’s no secret that when Prime Minister Stephen Harper meets with Korean president Park Geun-hye Tuesday it will be to sign a free trade deal. But the deal is likely to benefit Canada's beef and pork producers as it opens up the auto sector to more competition.
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un gets 100% of 'yes' votes in election
- With no one else on the ballot, state media reported Monday that supreme leader Kim Jong-un was not only elected to the highest legislative body in North Korea, he won with the unanimous approval of his district, which had 100 per cent turnout.
- New Colorado gets high on pot revenue, marijuana tourists
- The pushers are out, the pot entrepreneurs are in, and so are the marijuana-infused bath salts. Welcome to the great Colorado experiment in legalized pot.