Cairo...re-charging in a mosque here
In the middle of the Cairo uprising, Dispatches contributor Hadeel al-Salchi slipped into a mosque to re-charge her phone, and made some friends. From her dispatch
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Updated At least 9 dead in California warehouse party fire
- At least nine people are dead and about 25 others were unaccounted for after a massive fire broke out during a late-night party in a warehouse in Oakland, California, the city's fire chief said on Saturday.
- CBC IN STANDING ROCK North Dakota pipeline protest about underground leak that will 'ultimately happen' video
- People who live near the proposed Dakota Access Pipeline say they worry it will eventually leak and the underground oil would go undetected, threatening the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's access to clean water from a nearby reservoir of the Missouri River.
- Italians set to vote in high-stakes referendum on constitutional change
- If long-standing supporters of Italy’s Democratic Party are as half as angry at their leader as Ermanno Gizzi, the tenure of the once-promising Prime Minister Matteo Renzi may come to an unceremonious end early next week.
- IAAF congress overwhelmingly backs broad reforms following corruption, doping scandals
- Athletics leaders have overwhelmingly approved broad reforms championed by the sport's president, Sebastian Coe, to turn a corner on reputation-wrecking corruption and doping scandals.
- Taiwan leader's call to Donald Trump 'petty action,' says China
- U.S. President-elect Donald Trump has ruffled feathers in Beijing after breaking with diplomatic protocol by taking a call from the leader of Taiwan.