Cairo...re-charging in a mosque here
In the middle of the Cairo uprising, Dispatches contributor Hadeel al-Salchi slipped into a mosque to re-charge her phone, and made some friends. From her dispatch
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Trump in Mexico: We 'didn't discuss' who would pay for border wall
- Donald Trump travelled to Mexico on Wednesday to meet President Enrique Pena Nieto, saying the subject of a border wall to control illegal immigration came up, but the two "didn't discuss" who would pay for it.
- Photos See what happens when 20,000 people pelt each other with 145 tonnes of tomatoes
- Thousands of people pelted each other with tonnes of ripe tomatoes Wednesday, creating a red, mushy mess in the annual Tomatina street battle in Bunol, Spain.
- Updated Brazil's Senate votes to remove President Dilma Rousseff
- Brazil's Senate has voted to remove President Dilma Rousseff from office, the culmination of a yearlong fight that paralyzed Latin America's most powerful economy and exposed deep rifts among its people on everything from race relations to social spending.
- Tropical storm bears down on Florida as Hawaii braces for 2 hurricanes
- Tropical storm Hermine has formed off Florida while Hurricanes Madeline and Lester are approaching Hawaii. Both states have declared emergencies.
- Yellow fever outbreak in Africa 'warrants continued national action and international support': WHO
- Increase in Africa's serious yellow fever outbreak appears to have slowed