Cairo...re-charging in a mosque here
In the middle of the Cairo uprising, Dispatches contributor Hadeel al-Salchi slipped into a mosque to re-charge her phone, and made some friends. From her dispatch
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Shimon Peres, former prime minister of Israel, dead at 93 video
- Shimon Peres, the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and one of Israel's founding fathers, has died. He was 93.
- Point of View Peres saw hope for world shaped by younger generations: Peter Mansbridge video
- CBC News chief correspondent Peter Mansbridge recollects a dinner in Toronto with Shimon Peres, still lively and engaging in his 92nd year.
- New Fatal police shooting of black man in San Diego area sparks protest
- A black man reportedly acting erratically at a strip mall in suburban San Diego was shot and killed by police after pulling an object from his pocket, pointing it at officers and assuming a "shooting stance," authorities said.
- Trump, Clinton set U.S. television record for debate audience
- The first presidential debate between Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump drew 84 million U.S. television viewers, a record for such an event and numbers rarely seen on TV in the age of digital streaming and social media.
- Typhoon Megi continues deadly path to China from Taiwan
- A massive typhoon left one person dead in eastern China on Wednesday, a day after killing four and injuring 260 in Taiwan.