Rohtak, India...I'm a stranger here myself
Will Everet's dispatch is a knee-slapper about finding himself the guest of honour at somebody else's banquet in India -- where he didn't even know the language. It's one of those stories listeners have told us they can hear again and again.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Deadly 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami now helping to save lives video
- A massive tsunami killed 230,000 people in more than a dozen countries on Dec. 26, 2004. Now, 10 years later, the deadliest tsunami in recorded history is helping to save lives by pushing scientific and technological advances.
- North Korea describes Obama with racial slur in Sony hacking row video
- North Korea has used racist language in a statement claiming U.S. President Barack Obama was personally responsible for the release of a comedy that depicts an attempt to assassinate President Kim Jong-un.
- Canadian’s elephant poop coffee makes a pricey cup of Joe video
- A Torontonian is the first person in the world to harvest coffee beans from elephant dung to make some of the most expensive coffee in the world.
- Malaysia flood forces 160,000 to evacuate homes
- The number of people evacuated due to Malaysia's worst-ever floods jumped to more than 160,000 on Saturday, as Prime Minister Najib Razak reached the worst-hit state after cutting short a vacation in the U.S.
- Rafael Ramos, slain NYC police officer, honoured at wake video
- The wife and two sons of a policeman gunned down along with his partner in a brazen daylight ambush were joined at his wake Friday by hundreds of uniformed officers.