Rohtak, India...I'm a stranger here myself
Will Everet's dispatch is a knee-slapper about finding himself the guest of honour at somebody else's banquet in India -- where he didn't even know the language. It's one of those stories listeners have told us they can hear again and again.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Michael Gove, British PM candidate, says U.K.'s next leader must believe in Brexit
- Political healing after Britain's vote to leave the European Union seems a distant prospect as Justice Secretary Michael Gove ramps up his Conservative leadership bid even as a senior colleague urges him to step aside.
- Istanbul attack shows airports still the 'most vulnerable' soft target
- The carnage left in the wake of the deadly attacks on Turkey's busiest airport has forced nations around the world to face the discomforting reality that travellers and bystanders are relatively easy targets for those looking to spread violence and sow fear.
- Analysis Brexit isn't the half of it: How Angela Merkel juggles Europe's many crises video
- It's been decades since a European leader has had to juggle as many crises under such extreme stress as German Chancellor Angela Merkel is doing right now. If only Brexit were her only torch in the air. But for the woman hailed last year as the "indispensable European," the torches just keep coming.
- Turkish police detain another 11 over airport attack
- Turkish police detain 11 foreigners suspected of being members of an ISIS cell in Istanbul linked to the suicide bombers who staged the attack this week at Istanbul's main airport.
- Austrian court orders do-over of presidential election
- Austria's highest court ruled Friday that presidential elections narrowly lost by a right-wing candidate must be repeated after his party claimed gross irregularities in the absentee vote count.