Rohtak, India...I'm a stranger here myself
Will Everet's dispatch is a knee-slapper about finding himself the guest of honour at somebody else's banquet in India -- where he didn't even know the language. It's one of those stories listeners have told us they can hear again and again.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Obama's Sochi Olympics delegation includes 2 gay athletes video
- U.S. President Barack Obama has picked two openly gay athletes to be part of the U.S. delegation at the Sochi Games, a move widely seen as a rebuke of Russia's anti-gay laws, and he'll be skipping the event.
- U.S. Federal Reserve tapers bond-buying to $75B US a month video audio
- The U.S. Federal Reserve has decided to taper its bond-buying program by $10 billion US a month, beginning in January.
- Orlando the guide dog leaps onto NYC subway tracks to save owner
- A black Labrador guide dog jumped onto a Manhattan subway station track to save its owner, who had fainted and fallen in front of an oncoming train.
- Analysis American conservatives take aim at the 'war on Christmas'
- A Fox News rant that Santa Claus is white and "so was Jesus" is rekindling America's culture wars, and doesn't reflect today's realities about either Christmas or a changing U.S., Neil Macdonald writes.
- NSA task force urges limits on snooping
- A presidential advisory panel has recommended sweeping limits on the government's surveillance programs, including requiring a court to sign off on individual searches of phone records and stripping the National Security Agency of its ability to store that data from Americans.