Goma, Congo...Clever Boys here
CBC's Stephen Puddicombe, on assignment in Congo, ran into a musical group with a newsy twist to its presentation. While there, he was in touch with Dispatches for our Soundtrax Special
Stephen and Rick talk about The Clever Boys
Stephen's Congo series begins next week on Dispatches.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Why the spy trade is such a booming industry: Brian Stewart
- The alleged Russian plot that targeted the U.S. presidential election has raised concerns we’re headed for Cold War levels of spying, but there’s actually plenty of evidence the world soared past that point years ago.
- Updated Trump formally pulls U.S. out of TPP with executive order video
- The new U.S. president makes good on one of his campaign promises, formally withdrawing the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a trade deal negotiated by his predecessor but never ratified.
- Day 1 of Syrian peace talks have rocky start, but show progress from earlier meetings
- Talks between the Syrian government and representatives of rebel factions got off to a rocky start Monday after their first face-to-face meeting in Kazakhstan marked a major shift in the war's dynamics and confirmed Russia's role as regional heavyweight.
- Opinion Let us hope for a Donald Trump disaster
- If Trump’s success transfers from politics to governing, his dark and guttural ways will become entrenched and ubiquitous.
- Analysis Trump takes charge: How NAFTA renegotiations might unfold video
- The soundbite from Donald Trump's presidential inauguration speech could strike fear into a free trader's heart: "We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and Hire American." Following through on his rhetoric will be anything but simple.