Goma, Congo...Clever Boys here
CBC's Stephen Puddicombe, on assignment in Congo, ran into a musical group with a newsy twist to its presentation. While there, he was in touch with Dispatches for our Soundtrax Special
Stephen and Rick talk about The Clever Boys
Stephen's Congo series begins next week on Dispatches.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Ebola epidemic reaches 6th African country as Mali announces 1st case
- Mali's health minister says the West African country has confirmed its first case of Ebola. It is the sixth African country to report at least one case of the virus.
- Ebola outbreak: Doctor in New York City tests positive for virus
- A Doctors Without Borders physician who recently returned to New York City after treating Ebola patients in West Africa has tested positive for the virus, according to preliminary test results, officials say.
- Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty blasts Missouri police response
- Police in Ferguson, Missouri, committed human rights abuses as they sought to quell mostly peaceful protests that erupted after an officer killed an unarmed black teenager, Amnesty International said in a report released on Friday.
- Ice age Andes settlement found at record high altitude
- Archeologists have found an ice age settlement so high in the Peruvian Andes that they were surprised ancient humans could survive the low oxygen there.
- Drone-disrupted soccer match awarded to Serbia by UEFA video
- UEFA is awarded Serbia a 3-0 win over Albania following the violence that broke out during their European Championship qualifier in Belgrade last week.