Goma, Congo...Clever Boys here
CBC's Stephen Puddicombe, on assignment in Congo, ran into a musical group with a newsy twist to its presentation. While there, he was in touch with Dispatches for our Soundtrax Special
Stephen and Rick talk about The Clever Boys
Stephen's Congo series begins next week on Dispatches.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Greek bailout referendum: Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis quits video
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis resigned Monday, saying he was told shortly after Greece's decisive referendum result that some other eurozone finance ministers would appreciate his not attending the ministers' meetings.
- Burt Shavitz, reclusive co-founder of Burt's Bees, dead at 80
- The reclusive beekeeper who co-founded Burt's Bees, and whose face and wild beard appeared on labels for the natural cosmetics, died on Sunday. Burt Shavitz was 80.
- Analysis In rejecting austerity, Greek voters force Germany's hand
- As Europe's ultimate paymaster, German politicians are furious with Greece for its spendthrift ways and high-stakes referendum tactics. But, Don Murray writes, does Chancellor Angela Merkel want to go down as the woman who presided over Europe's breakup?
- Spaceflight disasters show it's still 'very hard' to get into orbit video
- The spate of recent mission mishaps is raising some serious questions about spaceflight. But industry veterans seem unfazed. To them, space is still fundamentally a tough business.
- Boko Haram bomb attacks kill 44 in Nigeria
- Two bombs blamed on the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram exploded at a crowded mosque and an elite Muslim restaurant in Nigeria's central city of Jos, killing 44 people, officials said Monday.