Goma, Congo...Clever Boys here
CBC's Stephen Puddicombe, on assignment in Congo, ran into a musical group with a newsy twist to its presentation. While there, he was in touch with Dispatches for our Soundtrax Special
Stephen and Rick talk about The Clever Boys
Stephen's Congo series begins next week on Dispatches.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Istanbul pride parade hit with tear gas by police, at least 19 arrested
- Police in Istanbul have used tear gas and have detained activists who gathered to mark gay pride week after authorities banned their rally in the city. At least 19 activists have been detained.
- 7 injured after roller coaster derails at Scottish theme park
- A roller coaster carriage at a theme park in Scotland came off its rails on Sunday and fell onto a ride below, injuring seven people, according to U.K. media reports.
- Panama Canal officially opens after $5.25B expansion
- It's two years late and more than a billion dollars over budget, but the expanded Panama Canal opened on Sunday after nearly 10 years of construction.
- Iraqi city of Fallujah declared 'fully liberated' from ISIS
- A senior Iraqi commander has declared the city of Fallujah "fully liberated" from Islamic State group militants, after a military operation of more than a month.
- Analysis In the U.S., same-sex marriage a milestone, not the finish line
- Love knows no borders — except, it seems, in 32 states in America. A year after a June 26, 2015 Supreme Court ruling granted marriage equality nationwide, same-sex couples have not shaken the last vestiges of discrimination.