Goma, Congo...Clever Boys here
CBC's Stephen Puddicombe, on assignment in Congo, ran into a musical group with a newsy twist to its presentation. While there, he was in touch with Dispatches for our Soundtrax Special
Stephen and Rick talk about The Clever Boys
Stephen's Congo series begins next week on Dispatches.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Occupy Hong Kong, China's coming pro-democracy showdown
- China's attempt to reinterpret the rules governing Hong Kong has sent tens of thousands into the streets in a protest with echoes of Tiananmen and an anthem — 'Do you hear the people sing? — straight out of Les Misérables, Patrick Brown writes.
- Israel knocks down Hamas rockets over Jerusalem video
- Israel has dramatically escalated its aerial assault in Gaza, hitting hundreds of Hamas targets, as Palestinians report 16 people were killed in strikes that hit a home and a beachside café.
- Updated Texas shooting: 'delivery man' killed 4 kids, 2 adults video
- A gunman charged Thursday in the killing of four children and their parents was dressed as a delivery man when he arrived at the suburban Houston home where the family was shot to death, officials say.
- Child migrants flooding the U.S. border: a guide to the issues
- The U.S. is facing a crisis as tens of thousands of unaccompanied children have showed up at its southern border and thousands of other migrants from Central America are seeking refuge. The issue is furthering divisions in Washington.
- Oil prices drop, gas prices follow
- The price of oil has been falling steadily for more than a week, dipping to $102 US a barrel today in New York as worries over world oil supply diminish. Gasoline prices also are down from their peaks in June.