The soundtrack of a randy taxi driver
CBC correspondent Connie Watson expected certain dangers when she got into a taxi to ride into the heart of the war in Kosovo. But, she wasn't counting on explicit advances of a musical nature from her rogue of a driver. After hearing her tale you may never think of the Discovery Channel in quite the same way again!
Connie recounts the story for our special Sountracks of Dispatches program.
Join us for this trip around the world with the music from Dispatches, and the stories behind it, from our correspondents, contributors and listeners!
The show will be repeated January 3rd, in most time zones after the news at 5-pm.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Hillary Clinton says she would be president 'for all Americans' video
- Hillary Clinton, drawing a contrast with her Republican rival Donald Trump, promised to be strategic in foreign policy and inclusive in social and economic affairs in her nomination speech on Thursday night.
- Joe Biden tells DNC Donald Trump talks 'a bunch of malarkey' video
- In what was likely the last prime-time speech of his political life, U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden delivered a case for Hillary Clinton at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday night with his regular-guy folksiness, misty-eyed storytelling and a few hard hits.
- Turkey creates 'Traitors' Cemetery' for dead coup plotters
- Tucked in the back corner of a construction site for a new dog shelter in eastern Istanbul lies a freshly dug, unmarked grave — the first in the new "Traitors' Cemetery" created specifically to hold the bodies of coup plotters who died in the failed military coup on July 15.
- Checking the facts from Hillary Clinton's speech video
- In her speech accepting the Democratic nomination, Hillary Clinton wrongly implied Donald Trump has proposed banning Islam in America and sketched out a plan for defeating Islamic State militants that merely mirrors what the U.S. is already trying to do.
- Perseid meteor shower set to be extra-spectacular this year
- The summer's best shooting star show is expected be even better this year, thanks to an unusual "outburst" that only happens about once a decade and could double the number of meteors you'll spot.