The soundtrack of a randy taxi driver
CBC correspondent Connie Watson expected certain dangers when she got into a taxi to ride into the heart of the war in Kosovo. But, she wasn't counting on explicit advances of a musical nature from her rogue of a driver. After hearing her tale you may never think of the Discovery Channel in quite the same way again!
Connie recounts the story for our special Sountracks of Dispatches program.
Join us for this trip around the world with the music from Dispatches, and the stories behind it, from our correspondents, contributors and listeners!
The show will be repeated January 3rd, in most time zones after the news at 5-pm.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis 'Things could explode': Why pressure is mounting as Venezuela's economy melts down video
- Venezuela’s economic meltdown has become so dire that speculation from political analysts now centres on when and how President Nicolas Maduro will be removed from power.
- EgyptAir crash remains point to explosion on board, investigator says
- Human remains retrieved from the crashed EgyptAir flight suggest that there was an explosion on board the plane, although no traces of explosives have been detected, an Egyptian forensics official and investigation sources said on Tuesday.
- Greece police begin clearing out Idomeni refugee camp
- Greek authorities began an operation at dawn Tuesday to gradually evacuate the country's largest informal refugee camp of Idomeni on Macedonian border, blocking access to the area and sending in more than 400 riot police.
- Updated Bill Cosby complainant says she was dizzy, felt 'like jelly'
- Andrea Constand told authorities that Bill Cosby violated her after giving her three pills that made her dizzy, blurry-eyed and nauseated and left her legs feeling 'like jelly,' according to a police report read at a court hearing Tuesday.
- New Neil Young on Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders: Canadian rocker 'making a lot of noise' about U.S. politics video
- Neil Young, a Canadian citizen, can't vote in the upcoming U.S. presidential election - but the 70-year-old rocker has plenty to say about it.