The soundtrack of a randy taxi driver
CBC correspondent Connie Watson expected certain dangers when she got into a taxi to ride into the heart of the war in Kosovo. But, she wasn't counting on explicit advances of a musical nature from her rogue of a driver. After hearing her tale you may never think of the Discovery Channel in quite the same way again!
Connie recounts the story for our special Sountracks of Dispatches program.
Join us for this trip around the world with the music from Dispatches, and the stories behind it, from our correspondents, contributors and listeners!
The show will be repeated January 3rd, in most time zones after the news at 5-pm.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis What the first 100 days of power reveal about Donald Trump video
- Now that Donald Trump has had a few months with the power to do what he always wanted to do, here's what we've seen him do.
- Climate protests to mark Trump's 100 days in office
- For the second time in a month, tens of thousands of protesters are expected to turn out around the world Saturday to voice concern over climate change in a mass demonstration marking the 100th day of Donald Trump's presidency.
- Wikipedia blocked in Turkey
- Access to Wikipedia has been blocked in Turkey because of content presenting the country as supporting terror.
- North Korea's missile test fire fails hours after UN meeting on nukes
- A North Korean mid-range ballistic missile apparently failed shortly after launch, South Korea and the U.S. said, the third test-fire flop just this month but a clear message of defiance as a U.S. supercarrier conducts drills in nearby waters.
- EU leaders meet to set terms for Brexit negotiations
- European Union leaders will endorse a stiff set of divorce terms for Britain at a summit on Saturday, rejoicing in a rare show of unity in adversity, but well aware that may start to fray once negotiations begin.