The soundtrack of a randy taxi driver
CBC correspondent Connie Watson expected certain dangers when she got into a taxi to ride into the heart of the war in Kosovo. But, she wasn't counting on explicit advances of a musical nature from her rogue of a driver. After hearing her tale you may never think of the Discovery Channel in quite the same way again!
Connie recounts the story for our special Sountracks of Dispatches program.
Join us for this trip around the world with the music from Dispatches, and the stories behind it, from our correspondents, contributors and listeners!
The show will be repeated January 3rd, in most time zones after the news at 5-pm.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Istanbul bomb attacks kill 29, wound 166: interior minister video
- Turkey's interior minister says twin blasts outside a soccer stadium in Istanbul have killed 29 people and wounded 166 others.
- Syria, Russia pound rebel-held Aleppo but advances halt
- Syrian troops have identified 45 bodies so far in a mass grave found in the city of Palmyra after it was recaptured from Islamic State, a military source told Reuters on Saturday.
- Bill to simplify border crossing passes U.S. Congress
- A bill with potentially sweeping consequences for the Canada-U.S. border has just been adopted by the American Congress, allowing new projects aimed at speeding up travel through the international boundary.
- Trump eyeing Rex Tillerson, Exxon Mobil CEO, for secretary of state job
- Donald Trump has met with Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson as the incoming president considers his options for secretary of state.
- Non-OPEC oil producers to cut output 558,000 barrels a day
- OPEC has persuaded 11 non-members to cut oil production, a move aimed at draining a worldwide oil glut and boosting low prices that have squeezed government finances in Russia and Saudi Arabia.