The soundtrack of a randy taxi driver
CBC correspondent Connie Watson expected certain dangers when she got into a taxi to ride into the heart of the war in Kosovo. But, she wasn't counting on explicit advances of a musical nature from her rogue of a driver. After hearing her tale you may never think of the Discovery Channel in quite the same way again!
Connie recounts the story for our special Sountracks of Dispatches program.
Join us for this trip around the world with the music from Dispatches, and the stories behind it, from our correspondents, contributors and listeners!
The show will be repeated January 3rd, in most time zones after the news at 5-pm.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- new Tornadoes ravage Oklahoma, kill 1
- Tornadoes ravage portions of Oklahoma, reducing portions of a mobile home park to rubble and killing a 79-year-old man whose body was found out in the open.
- Virginia parade crash driver likely had medical problem
- Authorities believe the driver who plowed into dozens of hikers marching in a Virginia mountain town parade suffered from a medical condition and did not cause the crash intentionally, an emergency official said Sunday.
- Canadian military gear stranded in Afghanistan
- A team of 15 Canadian soldiers has been dispatched to Kandahar on a month-long assignment to assess whether dozens of military containers are still seaworthy enough to be brought home.
- Iran hangs 2 men convicted of spying
- Iran's state radio says authorities have executed two men convicted of spying for Israel's Mossad and the American CIA spy agency.
- US Virgin Islands environment head arrested for drug trafficking
- Federal agents have arrested the top enforcement officer for the U.S. Virgin Islands environment agency on drug trafficking charges after he was allegedly caught with a cache of cocaine on a government patrol boat.