The soundtrack of a randy taxi driver
CBC correspondent Connie Watson expected certain dangers when she got into a taxi to ride into the heart of the war in Kosovo. But, she wasn't counting on explicit advances of a musical nature from her rogue of a driver. After hearing her tale you may never think of the Discovery Channel in quite the same way again!
Connie recounts the story for our special Sountracks of Dispatches program.
Join us for this trip around the world with the music from Dispatches, and the stories behind it, from our correspondents, contributors and listeners!
The show will be repeated January 3rd, in most time zones after the news at 5-pm.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Health-care havoc: Trump's 1st legislative test a 'big loser' that puts his agenda on shaky ground video
- Donald Trump’s first major legislative push to eliminate and replace the current health-care legislation ran off road Friday, striking a blow his young presidency’s momentum and denting his image as a master negotiator.
- Jailed Philippine senator says she 'won't be quiet' about President Duterte
- Jailed Philippine Senator Leila de Lima says she's a political prisoner. President Rodrigo Duterte says she's a drug trafficker. CBC's Adrienne Arsenault travelled to Manila for an exclusive jailhouse interview with de Lima.
- U.S. coalition investigating reports of deadly Mosul airstrike
- The U.S.-led coalition fighting ISIS is investigating reports of an airstrike in a western neighbourhood in the Iraqi city of Mosul that allegedly left more than 100 civilians dead last week, according to a statement given to The Associated Press on Friday.
- CBC IN LONDON The officer and the MP: both tried to save lives, only one succeeded
- Keith Palmer and Tobias Ellwood, both fathers and at one time soldiers, are both being praised for their heroism in Wednesday's attack in London.
- The politics of Pluto: 10 years later, the bitter debate rages on
- More than 10 years after Pluto was demoted from planet to dwarf planet, the debate continues, with leading scientists on both sides becoming more vociferous and maybe a little testy.