Kabul...the roadside pension plan here
Disabled men act as unofficial traffic cops at one of Kabul's main traffic circles. Photo/Ariel Nasr.
Reporter Ariel Nasr visits the Kabul traffic circle that's infamous for the "help" disabled war vets give motorists trying to navigate traffic jams. Some call what they charge a pension supplement. Others call it extortion.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Analysis Hillary Clinton sets out to redefine image as presidential campaign swings into full gear video
- During the four-day Democratic Party convention, Hillary Clinton, her husband Bill Clinton, U.S. President Barack Obama and many other speakers set out to redefine her and change her narrative as she tries to convince Americans that she is best suited for the presidency.
- Florida reports 1st locally transmitted cases of Zika
- The first cases of Zika likely transmitted by mosquitoes on the U.S. mainland have been reported in Florida, the state's governor said Friday.
- Pokemon Go creators working to remove unwanted Pokestops, gyms
- The creators of Pokemon Go say they're working to remove real-world locations that don't wish to be included in the mobile gaming sensation.
- Hillary Clinton, Democrats react to balloons at DNC like seeing snow for the 1st time
- Hillary Clinton’s speech drew wild enthusiasm from Democratic convention-goers, but the joy in Philadelphia didn’t end there: The tens of thousands of red, white and blue balloons that came floating down after her historic address also had them reacting as if they were seeing snow for the first time.
- Updated 1 San Diego police officer killed, another injured in traffic stop shooting
- A traffic stop led to a shootout that killed an anti-gang police officer and seriously injured another, authorities said Friday. A suspect was shot and taken into custody while authorities searched for others who may have been involved.