Afghanistan...Embedded with the Taliban here
Norwegian filmmaker Paul Refsdal went behind the lines with Afghanistan's insurgents. His documentary Taliban: Behind The Masks will be on the US's CNN Network on December 11, presented by Anderson Cooper.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny arrested during protest
- Police arrested dozens of protesters across Russia on Sunday, including opposition leader Alexei Navalny, after thousands took to the streets to demonstrate against corruption and demand the resignation of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
- Cincinnati, Ohio nightclub shooting leaves 1 dead, 14 wounded
- Gunfire erupted inside a crowded nightclub in Cincinnati early Sunday, killing one person and wounding more than a dozen others.
- Carrie Lam, Beijing's pick, chosen as Hong Kong's leader
- The first woman elected to lead Hong Kong has vowed to heal divisions, but the choice of Carrie Lam as chief executive is unlikely to appease pro-democracy supporters in the semi-autonomous territory.
- Khalid Masood reportedly used WhatsApp minutes before London attack
- British interior minister Amber Rudd said on Sunday end-to-end encryption of messages offered by services like Whatsapp are "completely unacceptable" and there should be no "secret place for terrorists to communicate."
- Suspect in fatal shooting on Las Vegas Strip surrenders after standoff
- The suspect in a fatal shooting on the Las Vegas Strip on Saturday surrendered to police after barricading himself inside a bus.