Afghanistan...Embedded with the Taliban here
Norwegian filmmaker Paul Refsdal went behind the lines with Afghanistan's insurgents. His documentary Taliban: Behind The Masks will be on the US's CNN Network on December 11, presented by Anderson Cooper.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Severe weather in southeastern U.S. kills 15 people over the weekend
- A powerful tornado ripped through a mobile home park in south Georgia early Sunday, destroying half of its structures and killing seven people. Another four people died in neighbouring counties, bringing the weekend death toll from severe weather in the southeastern U.S. to 15.
- 'He wants Americans to love him': Trump biographers on what kind of president he'll be
- Donald Trump's need for approval as well as his insecurities over his intellect and wealth offer insight into how he'll act as U.S. president, say two of his biographers.
- Israel's PM delays West Bank annexation vote
- The municipality of Jerusalem granted final approval Sunday for the construction of hundreds of new homes in east Jerusalem, while a hard-line cabinet minister pushed the government to annex a major West Bank settlement as emboldened Israeli nationalists welcomed the presidency of Donald Trump.
- Trump overstates inauguration crowd as Women's March appears to draw bigger turnout video
- There were strong signs across the U.S. that the number of people who attended the Women's March on Washington on Saturday topped those who gathered on Friday to watch U.S. President Donald Trump's inauguration.
- Syrian rebels urge Russia to help ensure ceasefire holds
- A Syrian rebel group called on Russia to withstand pressure from Iran and the Syrian government to help ensure that a ceasefire reached last month holds, the head of a delegation at peace talks told Reuters on Sunday.