Thanks for finding your way to a new feature
Notes from where the far-away there is here...
In the Dispatches spirit that world news, big and small, is best reported by people on the scene, we've introduced The View From Here. It's a blog where CBC correspondents and Dispatches contributors -- and our listeners on the move -- can report about the things you can only find out by being there.
Right now, we're getting word about That Song, a piece of music you associate with events you've witnessed in far-off places, and descriptions of some exotic feasts.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Mud-slinging and Mexican flags define decade-long battle over Trump's Scottish golf course
- The remote Scottish coastline just north of Aberdeen is a place of wild beauty, where the sand dunes rise to great heights. But there are other disorienting vistas — none more so than the site of a Mexican flag flapping in the wind. It's a not-so-subtle message directed at the man who has just become president of the United States.
- PHOTOS 'Fight like a girl': The best signs and slogans from Women's Marches worldwide
- Millions of women and their allies marched all over the world on Saturday, using creative signs, slogans and costumes to protest the inauguration of U.S. President Donald Trump, a man who has repeatedly come under fire for his treatment of and comments about women.
- Gambia's defeated president finally cedes power, to enter exile weeks after election loss
- Gambia's defeated leader Yahya Jammeh and his family headed into political exile Saturday night, ending a 22-year reign of fear and a post-election political standoff that threatened to provoke a regional military intervention when he clung to power.
- CBC IN IRAN If Trump nixes nuclear deal, 'we are prepared,' says country's atomic chief video
- Iran says it is reserving judgment on new U.S. President Donald Trump. But if he does, as he’s vowed, “tear up” the international deal Tehran reached on curbing its nuclear program, it could quickly ramp that program back up, says the country’s atomic energy chief.
- 'I am so behind you,' Trump assures CIA officials on 1st full day in office video
- U.S. President Donald Trump moved to mend his tumultuous relationship with America's spy agencies Saturday, travelling to CIA headquarters on his first full day in office and assuring officials, "I am so behind you."