Thanks for finding your way to a new feature
Notes from where the far-away there is here...
In the Dispatches spirit that world news, big and small, is best reported by people on the scene, we've introduced The View From Here. It's a blog where CBC correspondents and Dispatches contributors -- and our listeners on the move -- can report about the things you can only find out by being there.
Right now, we're getting word about That Song, a piece of music you associate with events you've witnessed in far-off places, and descriptions of some exotic feasts.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump lays out plans for 1st 100 days, vows to sue 'every one' of his female accusers video
- Donald Trump has announced what actions he'll take in his first 100 days in office, should he become the next U.S. president.
- Hackers used 'internet of things' devices to cause Friday's massive DDoS cyberattack
- Could millions of connected cameras, thermostats and kids' toys bring the internet to its knees? It's beginning to look that way. The hacker group claiming responsibility for Friday's attacks says it has its sights set on a much bigger target.
- 174 inmates escape, 1 guard shot dead in 'violent' Haitian prison break
- Most inmates of a northern Haitian prison escaped on Saturday after killing a guard and stealing firearms, said authorities who launched a manhunt with support from UN peacekeepers for the 174 fugitives.
- Japanese pensioner blows himself up in park, injures 3 others
- A 72-year-old retired soldier blew himself up in a park in the Japanese city of Utsunomiya, killing himself and injuring three other people in an apparent suicide, state broadcaster NHK reported.
- Clinton campaign preparing for post-election, even if Trump refuses to concede
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is increasingly preparing for the possibility that Donald Trump may never concede the presidential election should she win, a development that could enormously complicate the crucial early weeks of her preparations to take office.