Kampala...battling homosexuality here
CBC's Africa correspondent Carolyn Dunn spoke with some leaders of Uganda's anti-homosexual crusade, to produce pieces for several CBC news programs.
At The House of Parliament Carolyn met MP David Bahati, member of the ruling National Resistance Movement and author of the private-members bill that proposes the death penalty for some homosexuals. This is the extended edition of that interview.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Dirty work: Activists in India risk their lives to rescue child labourers
- As a result of poverty, millions of kids in India are forced to do dangerous, illegal work for unscrupulous employers. CBC News got exclusive access to join a group of activists on a child labour raid.
- New Al-Qaeda still 'very dangerous' 5 years after Osama bin Laden's death
- Osama bin Laden's death was a significant symbolic blow to al-Qaeda, but it was hardly the end of the jihadist powerhouse. As it battles ISIS for influence, al-Qaeda continues to expand.
- New Craig Wright, Australian businessman, says he's Bitcoin creator
- Australian tech entrepreneur Craig Wright on Monday told the BBC he was the creator of controversial digital currency Bitcoin, ending years of speculation about a person who until now has gone by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Ted Cruz guarantees Republicans will have a contested convention
- The 2016 presidential campaign rumbled through Indiana Sunday focused on Tuesday's critical primary, even as front-runners Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump itched to fully engage in the one-on-one battle they cast as inevitable.
- Syrian conflict: Talks underway to extend truce to Aleppo, Russia says
- Talks were taking place to include Aleppo in a temporary lull in fighting declared by the Syrian army in some western parts of the country, Russia said Sunday, a sign of intensified efforts to halt a surge of violence in the contested city.