Kampala...battling homosexuality here
CBC's Africa correspondent Carolyn Dunn spoke with some leaders of Uganda's anti-homosexual crusade, to produce pieces for several CBC news programs.
At The House of Parliament Carolyn met MP David Bahati, member of the ruling National Resistance Movement and author of the private-members bill that proposes the death penalty for some homosexuals. This is the extended edition of that interview.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Clinton vs. Trump: Clashing debate-prep styles hint at sharp contrasts on stage video
- Tonight's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton could be a study in personality clashes. It’s also a test of two opposing preparation strategies, one of which may not involve much prep at all. Watch the debate live at 9 p.m. ET on CBCNews.ca and CBC News Network.
- U.S. election primer: The presidential debates
- U.S. presidential debates can provide make-or-break opportunities in a campaign. With Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump close in polls, the stakes for their first debate Monday are sky-high.
- World powers admit political solution to Syrian war might not be possible: Derek Stoffel
- As the bombs continue to fall on Aleppo, a new reality is descending on Syria: the long-held belief that the conflict there will only end with a political solution might not hold true.
- 'Disgruntled' lawyer behind Houston shooting spree that injured 9 people
- Six people are in hospital after a gunman opened fire near a Houston, Texas, shopping centre early Monday morning — firing randomly at passersby and commuters before he was shot and killed by police. Three others suffered minor injuries.
- Interactive Poll Tracker: Clinton holds narrow poll lead over Trump before high stakes debate
- The 2016 race for the U.S. presidency is shaping up to be bitter and unpredictable. From now until election day on Nov. 8, CBC poll analyst Éric Grenier tracks the polls and each candidate’s chances in an interactive feature.