Kampala...battling homosexuality here
CBC's Africa correspondent Carolyn Dunn spoke with some leaders of Uganda's anti-homosexual crusade, to produce pieces for several CBC news programs.
At The House of Parliament Carolyn met MP David Bahati, member of the ruling National Resistance Movement and author of the private-members bill that proposes the death penalty for some homosexuals. This is the extended edition of that interview.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Live Donald Trump's inauguration: Watch CBC's live coverage here
- Follow CBC correspondents in Washington and around the world as new U.S. presidency begins
- Analysis How history could make strange bedfellows of Obama and Trump: Keith Boag
- There might come a day when Obama will be grateful it was Trump and not a purebred Republican who became the custodian of his legacy, Keith Boag writes.
- Rescuers in Italy say there may be more avalanche survivors in hotel rubble video
- An Italian firefighter says rescue crews have indications of other survivors under the rubble of an avalanche-struck hotel in central Italy. Between six and eight survivors were located earlier Friday.
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th U.S. president
- Donald Trump, the real estate mogul and reality television star who upended American politics and energized voters who are angry with Washington, will be sworn in today as the 45th U.S. president, putting Republicans in control of the White House for the first time in eight years.
- Donald Trump's inauguration: Everything you need to know, and when to watch
- President-elect Donald Trump has promised his inauguration Friday will be an elegant spectacle. CBC News is covering the historic proceedings from start to finish. The events begin Thursday with a series of ceremonies.