Washington...Franzen, Freedom and Obama here
CBC's Margo Kelly interviewed author Jonathan Franzen in Toronto, for a piece on The World At Six. Here's part of that interview session, where Franzen reports about meeting with Barack Obama earlier in the week, and Obama's longing for a rational opposition. Franzen's book Freedom was the president's vacation reading this summer.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN ITALY Italians worry quake-struck town will be abandoned, lost forever video
- People in the Italian town of San Giovanni di Accumoli, where a deadly earthquake struck earlier this week, mourn those killed and contemplate the possibility the town may be abandoned forever.
- Suicide bomber in Yemen kills 54 government fighters
- A suicide car bombing claimed by ISIS in Yemen's southern city of Aden kills at least 54 pro-government recruits.
- New Apple iPhone unveiling expected next week
- Apple is expected to show off a new iPhone next week when the company holds its fall product launch event in San Francisco.
- 3 Canadians charged with smuggling $30M in cocaine on cruise ship in Australia video
- Three Canadian cruise ship passengers are charged with drug smuggling after Sydney police allegedly find 95 kilograms of cocaine in their cabin luggage.
- Anthony Weiner, Huma Abedin to separate after sexting revelation
- Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin says she is separating from husband Anthony Weiner after another sexting revelation involving the former U.S. congressman.