Washington...Franzen, Freedom and Obama here
CBC's Margo Kelly interviewed author Jonathan Franzen in Toronto, for a piece on The World At Six. Here's part of that interview session, where Franzen reports about meeting with Barack Obama earlier in the week, and Obama's longing for a rational opposition. Franzen's book Freedom was the president's vacation reading this summer.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Sgt. Andrew Doiron's death likely due to Kurdish fighter fatigue: general
- Canada's chief of defence staff hinted today that three investigation reports have found Canadian soldiers blameless in the friendly fire death of Sergeant Andrew Doiron.
- Freddie Gray death: Baltimore curfew lifted 6 days after riots video
- Baltimore's mayor has lifted a curfew in place across the city for five nights in response to rioting over the death of Freddie Gray in police custody.
- Recap Floyd Mayweather defeats Manny Pacquiao, stays unbeaten video
- Floyd Mayweather Jr., preserved his unbeaten record as a professional with a unanimous decision victory over Manny Pacquiao in their welterweight megabout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday night.
- Photos Kentucky Derby 2015: horses, hats, and a mint julep or two
- American Pharoah has won the 141st Kentucky Derby before a record-setting crowd at Churchill Downs. Victor Espinoza was aboard for his second straight Derby win, and third overall.
- Nepal quake: Death toll exceeds 7,000, airport closed to big jets video
- Runway damage forced Nepalese authorities to close the main airport Sunday to large aircraft delivering aid to millions of people following the massive earthquake, but UN officials said the overall logistics situation was improving.