Washington...Franzen, Freedom and Obama here
CBC's Margo Kelly interviewed author Jonathan Franzen in Toronto, for a piece on The World At Six. Here's part of that interview session, where Franzen reports about meeting with Barack Obama earlier in the week, and Obama's longing for a rational opposition. Franzen's book Freedom was the president's vacation reading this summer.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Burkina Faso army head takes over as President Blaise Compaore resigns
- The head of Burkina Faso's armed forces took power on Friday after President Blaise Compaore resigned amid mass demonstrations against an attempt to extend his 27-year rule in the West African country.
- Ebola outbreak: Judge reject Maine bid to quarantine nurse Kaci Hickox
- A Maine judge has rejected a bid by state health officials to restrict the movement of nurse Kaci Hickox, who defied a quarantine for medical workers who have treated Ebola patients
- Bombardier's $3.4B Russian venture on hold amid sanctions
- Bombardier is suspending negotiations on a $3.4-billion proposal to assemble turboprop aircraft in Russia due to the country's political situation and weak economy
- New Senzo Meyiwa killing: Suspect arrested in slaying of soccer star
- A South African official says a suspect has appeared in court on a murder charge for the killing of Senzo Meyiwa, the national soccer team captain.
- Hungary internet tax suspended after huge protests
- Hungary's government will suspend a planned tax on internet use and reconsider the matter next year.