London...the tale of MI-5 from here
With the British spy agency making the news again, we thought we'd post the complete interview Rick did last year with Christopher Andrew, the top historian of MI-5.
The Defence of the Realm: The Authorised History Of MI-5. (Viking Canada).
The full 29:34, from London...
Categories: Europe, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN MANILA 'Democracy as we know it is dead': Filipino journalists fight fake news video
- The bogus stories that pollute the internet in the Philippines are startling in their venom, frequency and sometimes clumsy attempts to look real, writes Adrienne Arsenault.
- Russian navy vessel sinks after collision off Turkey
- A Russian navy ship sinks after colliding with a Togo-flagged vessel off the Turkish coast.
- Analysis 'America Last': A dangerous reaction to Trump's trade bullying: Don Pittis
- The U.S. president's irrational tirades against Canadian lumber, dairy and energy seem part of a strategy to alienate U.S. trade allies. If so, there are signs it is working.
- Analysis Maria Sharapova: Controversy sells — fairness does not
- As Maria Sharapova returns to tennis after serving a 15-month doping ban for taking meldonium, the world is reminded that all is not fair in sport and sometimes, cheaters will prosper.
- Turkey detains dozens, suspends police officers for suspected terror links
- Twenty-five people are reportedly detained in Turkey and more than 200 police officers temporarily suspended for suspected links to U.S.-based cleric Fethullah Gulen amid continued sweeps on the network of the alleged coup plotter.