London...the tale of MI-5 from here
With the British spy agency making the news again, we thought we'd post the complete interview Rick did last year with Christopher Andrew, the top historian of MI-5.
The Defence of the Realm: The Authorised History Of MI-5. (Viking Canada).
The full 29:34, from London...
Categories: Europe, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Donald Trump spells out charitable gifts, veterans demand apology
- Presumptive Republican U.S. presidential nominee Donald Trump today gave the names of dozens of charities that he said received millions of dollars from his fundraising efforts earlier this year for causes helping veterans.
- WHO updates Zika virus warning to wait at least 8 weeks before trying to conceive
- The UN health agency says sexual transmission of Zika is more common than first thought, so its updated advice to women who have been in areas hit by the virus tells them to wait even longer to conceive.
- New Thousands of children at risk in Fallujah, UNICEF says
- At least 20,000 children remain inside besieged Fallujah, Islamic State's stronghold near Baghdad, facing the risk of forced recruitment in the fighting and separation from their families, the United Nations' children's agency said on Wednesday.
- Minivan-sized sponge off Hawaii is biggest ever found
- The team of scientists on a deep-sea expedition in the waters off Hawaii discovered what they say is the world's largest known sponge.
- Cincinnati police investigate parents of boy who got into gorilla pen video
- Police say they are investigating the parents of the three-year-old boy who fell into a gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo and had to be rescued by a team that shot and killed the animal.