Pakistan floods... you can't get home from here
photo Nahlah Ayed.
The CBC's Nahlah Ayed was in Pakistan at the crest of the monsoon flooding, Her experience left her with memories almost too painful to describe.
She also wrote an essay for cbc.ca about the long and short of the generosity Canada claims to be showing toward the victims.
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- On Day 100, Trump slams 'fake news' media at Pennsylvania rally video
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday issued a scathing attack on the national news media at a Pennsylvania rally he organized for the same evening the White House Correspondents' Association hosts its annual dinner.
- 'Explosive device blast' kills U.S. service member in Mosul video
- A U.S. service member in Iraq was killed Saturday by an explosive device outside Mosul, according to a statement released by the Pentagon.
- Without Trump, White House Correspondents' dinner shifts focus to press freedom
- Prominent Washington journalists, if not Hollywood stars, celebrated the First Amendment during the annual White House Correspondents' dinner, an event that lacked the glitter of past years because of the absence of the president of the United States.
- Pope Francis visits Egypt's Christians targeted by ISIS
- Pope Francis wrapped up a brief but deeply symbolic visit to Egypt on Saturday with an open-air Mass for the country's tiny Catholic community.
- Thousands join worldwide climate marches on Trump's 100th day in office video
- Thousands of people across Canada and the United States are marking U.S. President Donald Trump's 100th day in office by marching in protest of his environmental policies.