Rio de Janiero... sleeping on the beach here
Waving the Green Party banner.
What do they do on a rainy night in Rio?
The CBC's Connie Watson was in Brazil on election day, when the Workers Party failed to get the majority it needed to avoid a Hallowe'en runoff.
Part of its problem she could see through the rain from her hotel window.
So many banners were flying in Brazil's election campaign.
Connie saw some folks with better uses for campaign banners than some politicians have. (photos AP)
Categories: The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Trump overstates inauguration crowd as Women's March appears to draw bigger turnout video
- There were early signs across the U.S. that the number of people who attended the Women's March on Washington in Saturday could top those who gathered on Friday to watch U.S. President Donald Trump's inauguration.
- At least 32 dead in India train derailment
- At least 32 people were killed and 50 others injured after a passenger train derailed in southern India, railway officials said Sunday.
- 12 bodies recovered after landslide buries hotel in China
- Authorities in China say they've recovered the bodies of 12 people killed inside a hotel overrun by a landslide.
- PHOTOS 'Fight like a girl': The best signs and slogans from Women's Marches worldwide
- Hundreds of thousands of women and their allies marched all over the world on Saturday, using creative signs, slogans and costumes to protest the inauguration of U.S. President Donald Trump, a man who has repeatedly come under fire for his treatment of and comments about women.
- Gambia's defeated president finally cedes power, to enter exile weeks after election loss
- Gambia's defeated leader Yahya Jammeh and his family headed into political exile Saturday night, ending a 22-year reign of fear and a post-election political standoff that threatened to provoke a regional military intervention when he clung to power.