The View from Here: June 2010 Archives
Thursday June 17, 2010
Freelance journalist Hanna Ingber Win's photos, from the tea gardens of Assam, India. Assam has India's highest maternal mortality rate. Hanna went there to interview families who'd lost their mothers, and health care workers who try to help pregnant mothers get the medical help they need.
Categories: Correspondents' Dispatches, The View from Here
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Thu., 31 – Grand Forks, ND: misinformation on the menu
- Mon., 28 – Mexico: fear of narco-censorship here
- Tue., 22 – Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – Beijing...ice swimming and loving it
- Tue., 15 – Mendoza, Argentina...a witness to brutality
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Fri., 11 – Margaret Evans' Mideast overview
- Thu., 10 – China rolls back reforms
- Wed., 2 – Tunisians demand democracy now!
- February 2011
- January 2011
- Thu., 27 – Ladino: The Jewish music of Spain sung here
- Wed., 26 – Yak manure: from poo to petrol
- Wed., 26 – South Sudan...a new national anthem here
- Fri., 21 – Our man from China assesses India
- Thu., 20 – Haiti...just another death by cholera
- Wed., 19 – Goma, Congo...Clever Boys here
- Tue., 11 – Spain - no more matadors on TV here
- Thu., 6 – Juba...boatloads of celebration here
- December 2010
- November 2010
- Wed., 24 – Afghanistan...Embedded with the Taliban here
- Tue., 23 – Kampala..The Secret Reach Of "The Family"
- Sat., 20 – Thanks for finding your way to a new feature
- Wed., 17 – Shatila refugee camp...guns are common here
- Tue., 16 – Kampala...battling homosexuality here
- Mon., 15 – Zimbabwe...Waiting For The Rain here
- Mon., 1 – China in Africa...no Chinatowns here
- Mon., 1 – Nicaragua...the remains of a DC-3 here
- October 2010
- Fri., 29 – Washington...Franzen, Freedom and Obama here
- Thu., 28 – London...the tale of MI-5 from here
- Mon., 25 – NYC 9/11...What's Going On here?
- Fri., 22 – Manila..."offending religious feelings" here
- Thu., 21 – Havana...sticking like crazy glue here
- Wed., 20 – Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
- Wed., 20 – Who do you pay to be in the news here?
- Tue., 19 – New York City...living in tunnels here
- Fri., 15 – Falkland Islands...music of the long march
- Fri., 15 – Lusaka, SA...Tracy Chapman echoes here
- Tue., 12 – Khao Lak, Thailand...song from the Tsunami
- June 2010
- Thu., 17 – Assam, India...childbirth can be deadly here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump holding interviews for national security adviser as he tries to refocus video
- Finding a replacement for ousted Michael Flynn as national security adviser is high on U.S. President Donald Trump's to-do list.
- Blast in Somalia kills 34 in Mogadishu marketplace
- Somalia's new president visited victims wounded by the Mogadishu car bomb that on Sunday killed 34, and offered a large reward for information leading to the arrest of those who planned the attack.
- 'More of the same or change': Ecuador voters head to polls in presidential election
- Ecuadoreans are choosing Sunday between a candidate who vows to continue President Rafael Correa's populist platform or one of several more conservative contenders who pledge to attack corruption and cut taxes to stimulate the Andean nation's flagging economy.
- 'What has he been smoking?': Swedes scratch heads at Trump's suggestion of major incident
- Former Swedish foreign minister Carl Bildt mocked U.S. President Donald Trump after he suggested a major incident had happened in the Scandinavian country, but also warned Trump's relationship with facts is dangerous.
- Iraqi forces launch offensive to drive ISIS from western Mosul
- Iraqi ground units push into a belt of villages outside Mosul as U.S.-led coalition jets strike militant positions.