Your comments, on the run of Dispatches
Your Dispatches is a selection of the hundreds of emails we received from listeners after CBC announced it was cancelling Dispatches because of budget cutbacks.
Please read on: you will find you are among good company as a member of the Dispatches audience. Thank you.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Nepal earthquake: Helicopters ferry injured from villages near epicentre video
- Helicopters criss-crossed the mountains above a remote district Tuesday near the epicentre of the weekend earthquake in Nepal that killed more than 4,400, ferrying the injured to clinics and taking emergency supplies back to villages cut off by landslides.
- Baltimore riots prompt state of emergency after Freddie Gray funeral video
- Baltimore erupted in violence as hundreds of rioters looted stores, set buildings on fire and injured at least 15 police officers following the funeral of a 25-year-old black man who died after he was injured in police custody.
- New Same-sex marriage at U.S. Supreme Court: plaintiffs nervous but proud
- A landmark same-sex marriage hearing takes place at the U.S. Supreme Court Tuesday. For some plaintiffs, it was a matter of life and death that set off their legal challenges. Birth and death certificates prompted their fights. They're nervous and proud to be part of the historic case.
- Photos 10 powerful earthquakes from the past 50 years
- A magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck Nepal on April 25, 2015, killing thousands, triggering avalanches on Mount Everest, and destroying buildings and historic temples in the surrounding area, including the capital city of Kathmandu. It ranks among some of the most powerful earthquakes in the past 50 years.
- New Nepal earthquake: Drones used by Canadian relief team video
- A fleet of made-in-Canada drones are due to arrive today in earthquake-ravaged Nepal, where relief workers will pilot them for rescue and aid operations.