Your comments, on the run of Dispatches
Your Dispatches is a selection of the hundreds of emails we received from listeners after CBC announced it was cancelling Dispatches because of budget cutbacks.
Please read on: you will find you are among good company as a member of the Dispatches audience. Thank you.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN MEXICO Migrants coming through Central American corridor wonder what's next as they dream of Canada video
- With European borders tightening and increased anti-immigration anxiety in the United States, a rising number of migrants from as far away as Africa and Asia are turning to the Central American migrant corridor in the hopes of reaching a new promised land: Canada. CBC spoke with several of them this week in Mexico.
- Major discovery on planets 'beyond our solar system' coming from NASA
- NASA scientists will hold a news conference later this afternoon, when they say they'll reveal a significant finding "beyond our solar system."
- Republican members of Congress hear from angry constituents at town halls
- Republican Representative David Brat, who rode voter anger to a historic political upset nearly three years ago, was on the receiving end of constituent angst about the Trump administration as he held a town hall in Virginia.
- Pipeline protesters pray, set fires ahead of Standing Rock deadline
- The last people remaining at a Dakota Access pipeline protest camp pray and set fire to a handful of wooden structures, hours ahead of a deadline set by the Army Corps of Engineers to close the camp.
- Malaysia wants to question North Korean diplomat in probe of Kim Jong-nam's death
- Malaysian police name a senior official in the North Korean embassy and another linked to its state airline, wanted for questioning over the killing of Kim Jong-nam, the North Korean leader's estranged half-brother.