Your comments, on the run of Dispatches
Your Dispatches is a selection of the hundreds of emails we received from listeners after CBC announced it was cancelling Dispatches because of budget cutbacks.
Please read on: you will find you are among good company as a member of the Dispatches audience. Thank you.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- North Korea's missile test fire fails hours after UN meeting on nukes
- A North Korean mid-range ballistic missile apparently failed shortly after launch, South Korea and the U.S. said, the third test-fire flop just this month but a clear message of defiance as a U.S. supercarrier conducts drills in nearby waters.
- Philippines says it has killed commander of Abu Sayyaf extremist group
- The Philippine military chief says marines have killed an Abu Sayyaf extremist commander considered to be one of the most notorious kidnappers in the country's south.
- Commander in tweet: Trump's first 100 days, as seen through his Twitter account
- In the first 100 days, Trump's tweets have moved markets, advanced conspiracy theories, attacked his own party and ultimately helped define his fledgling presidency.
- Israel plans 15,000 more settlement homes in East Jerusalem
- Israel intends to build 15,000 new settlement homes in East Jerusalem, according to its Housing Ministry, despite U.S. President Donald Trump's request to "hold back" on settlements as part of a possible new push for Israeli-Palestinian peace.
- Trump signs order to expand drilling in Arctic, Atlantic oceans
- Working to dismantle his predecessor's environmental legacy, President Donald Trump has signed an executive order Friday that could lead to the expansion of drilling in the Arctic and Atlantic oceans.