Promo Box: June 2012 Archives
Thursday June 21, 2012
Your Dispatches is a selection of the hundreds of emails we received from listeners after CBC announced it was cancelling Dispatches because of budget cutbacks.
Please read on: you will find you are among good company as a member of the Dispatches audience. Thank you.
Categories: Promo Box
- July 2012
- June 2012
- Thu., 21 – Your comments, on the run of Dispatches
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
- Thu., 22 – The trials of Tweeting in China
- Thu., 22 – Help for kids of India sex workers
- Wed., 21 – In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
- Thu., 15 – China's painful healing, with bee-stings
- Thu., 15 – Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
- Thu., 15 – Verbal autopsies shed light on death
- Thu., 8 – Mexico's vigilante mayor
- Wed., 7 – Lanse kòd animate Jacmel Carnival
- Fri., 2 – Plus ça change, in Change Square
- February 2012
- Wed., 29 – A box full of light saves lives
- Tue., 28 – They die so we might know
- Mon., 27 – Oscar winner on Dispatches
- Fri., 24 – Kennedy's very bad day in South Sudan
- Wed., 22 – A special court for post-trauma vets
- Fri., 17 – Baad justice haunts Afghanistan
- Fri., 17 – Inside Egyptian military's business web
- Tue., 14 – Justice served in Haiti
- Mon., 13 – Syrian refugees' defiance and division
- Thu., 9 – Sri Lanka tourism vs. the fisherfolk
- Tue., 7 – Colombia's no-name dead
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Mon., 13 – Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- U.S.-backed troops capture Syrian airbase from ISIS
- U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish forces captured a strategically important airbase from Islamic State militants in north Syria on Sunday in the first major victory for the group since the U.S. airlifted the forces behind enemy lines four days ago.
- Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny arrested during protest
- Police arrested dozens of protesters across Russia on Sunday, including opposition leader Alexei Navalny, after thousands took to the streets to demonstrate against corruption and demand the resignation of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
- Cincinnati, Ohio nightclub shooting leaves 1 dead, 15 wounded
- Gunfire erupted inside a crowded nightclub in Cincinnati early Sunday, killing a 27-year-old man and wounding more than a dozen other people. The city's mayor predicts a "long process" in solving the crime.
- Trump, after blaming Democrats, now also faults conservatives for failed health-care bill
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday attacked conservative lawmakers for the failure of the Republican bill to replace Barack Obama's health-care law as his aides pledged to court moderate Democrats on upcoming initiatives from health care to tax cuts.
- Carrie Lam, Beijing's pick, chosen as Hong Kong's leader
- The first woman elected to lead Hong Kong has vowed to heal divisions, but the choice of Carrie Lam as chief executive is unlikely to appease pro-democracy supporters in the semi-autonomous territory.