Promo Box: June 2012 Archives
Thursday June 21, 2012
Your Dispatches is a selection of the hundreds of emails we received from listeners after CBC announced it was cancelling Dispatches because of budget cutbacks.
Please read on: you will find you are among good company as a member of the Dispatches audience. Thank you.
Categories: Promo Box
- July 2012
- June 2012
- Thu., 21 – Your comments, on the run of Dispatches
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
- Thu., 22 – The trials of Tweeting in China
- Thu., 22 – Help for kids of India sex workers
- Wed., 21 – In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
- Thu., 15 – China's painful healing, with bee-stings
- Thu., 15 – Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
- Thu., 15 – Verbal autopsies shed light on death
- Thu., 8 – Mexico's vigilante mayor
- Wed., 7 – Lanse kòd animate Jacmel Carnival
- Fri., 2 – Plus ça change, in Change Square
- February 2012
- Wed., 29 – A box full of light saves lives
- Tue., 28 – They die so we might know
- Mon., 27 – Oscar winner on Dispatches
- Fri., 24 – Kennedy's very bad day in South Sudan
- Wed., 22 – A special court for post-trauma vets
- Fri., 17 – Baad justice haunts Afghanistan
- Fri., 17 – Inside Egyptian military's business web
- Tue., 14 – Justice served in Haiti
- Mon., 13 – Syrian refugees' defiance and division
- Thu., 9 – Sri Lanka tourism vs. the fisherfolk
- Tue., 7 – Colombia's no-name dead
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Mon., 13 – Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Republican debate starts off sombre, escalates into personal attacks
- Republican White House hopefuls insisted that President Barack Obama step aside and let his successor nominate the next Supreme Court justice, in a raucous Saturday night debate that also featured harshly personal jousting over immigration and foreign policy.
- Barack Obama will nominate replacement for Antonin Scalia 'in due time'
- President Barack Obama declared Saturday night he would seek to fill the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia, charging into a heated and likely prolonged election-year fight with Republicans in Congress.
- Antonin Scalia, U.S. Supreme Court justice, dead at 79
- Antonin Scalia, the influential conservative and most provocative member of the U.S. Supreme Court, has died, leaving the high court without its conservative majority and setting up an ideological confrontation over his successor in the maelstrom of a presidential election year.
- Pennsylvania pileup kills 3, involves over 50 vehicles video
- State police say a pileup involving more than 50 vehicles, which occurred after a snow squall blew through Harrisburg, has killed three people and closed Interstate 78 in central Pennsylvania.
- Brazil deploys military to battle mosquito spread of Zika virus video
- Brazil's battle to eradicate the mosquito blamed for spreading the Zika virus went into high gear today as health officials and members of the armed forces launched an education campaign, fanning out across the country.