Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Trump overstates inauguration crowd as Women's March appears to draw bigger turnout video
- There were strong signs across the U.S. that the number of people who attended the Women's March on Washington on Saturday topped those who gathered on Friday to watch U.S. President Donald Trump's inauguration.
- Defeated Gambian leader Yahya Jammeh made off with government money, luxury cars
- Exiled Gambian ruler Yahya Jammeh stole millions of dollars in his final weeks in power, plundering the state coffers and shipping out luxury vehicles by cargo plane, a special adviser for the new president said Sunday.
- Samsung blames Galaxy Note 7 smartphone fires on battery design, manufacturing
- Samsung Electronics Co. says problems with the design and manufacturing of batteries in its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones caused them to overheat and burst into fire.
- Trump vows federal help as storms, tornadoes rip through southeastern U.S., killing 18
- A dangerous weekend weather system has killed at least 18 people in the U.S. South. U.S. President Donald Trump has pledged federal assistance for the affected areas, and Georgia has declared a state of emergency.
- A softer side of government: How Larry the cat became a purr-fect political companion on Downing Street video
- Larry the rescue cat lives at 10 Downing Street, and although he doesn’t do much in the way of policy, he has become the furry face of a more relatable U.K. government.