Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Analysis What the first 100 days of power reveal about Donald Trump
- Now that Donald Trump has had a few months with the power to do what he always wanted to do, here's what we've seen him do.
- Analysis 'Mistakes happen': How 'miscalculation' could spark a U.S.-North Korea conflict
- Despite increased rhetoric, many experts dismiss the idea that a conflict between the U.S. and North Korea is imminent, yet there remains the threat that "miscalculation" could snowball into something much larger - and with dire consequences.
- French intelligence blames sarin attack on Assad forces
- French intelligence concludes that forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad carried out a sarin nerve gas attack on April 4 in northern Syria and that Assad or members of his inner circle ordered the strike.
- Discovery of plastic-eating caterpillar could prove a boon in waste disposal video
- An accidental discovery of a caterpillar that eats plastic could one day lead to the elimination of plastic waste, researchers hope.
- Q & A Margaret Evans on why South Sudan's famine will continue 'for a long time to come' audio
- In the past month the situation in South Sudan has gotten even worse. The CBC's Margaret Evans was in the capital city Juba.