Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- New Arizona shooting range reviews policy after 9-year-old kills gun instructor video
- The accidental shooting death of a gun-range instructor by a 9-year-old girl with an Uzi has set off a powerful debate over youngsters and guns, with many people wondering what sort of parents would let a child handle a submachine gun.
- Boston Marathon bombing victim marries nurse who helped him recover
- Sixteen months after the attack killed three people and injured more than 260, including James Costello, he married Krista D'Agostino, the nurse who helped him recover.
- U.S. budget office downgrades GDP growth estimate to 1.5%
- The Congressional Budget Office on Wednesday forecast that the U.S. economy will grow by just 1.5 per cent in 2014, undermined by a poor performance during the first three months of the year.
- Photos Spain's tomato festival gets messy
- Billed as the 'world's biggest food fight' - La Tomatina is held the last Wednesday of August each year in the town of Bunol, near Valencia in Spain. Thousands flock to the town to fling more than 100 tons of over-ripe tomatoes at each other.
- Cops crew member among 2 killed in police shooting
- Police who opened fire while disrupting a robbery at a fast-food restaurant in Omaha struck and killed a crew member with the Cops television show and the suspect, who was carrying a pellet gun, authorities say.