Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Updated Ottawa shooting called 'tragic' by Obama, world leaders video
- The shooting in Ottawa drew international attention and reaction from Canada's closest ally, the United States, and beyond. President Barack Obama offered his support and condolences in a call with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and other world leaders did the same.
- Ebola myths: 5 assumptions that aren't true
- The current Ebola outbreak has claimed the lives of more than 4,000 people in west Africa, but medical experts say it has also created a pandemic of anxiety and misinformation here in North America. Here's a look at myths surrounding Ebola.
- Analysis Ben Bradlee, the Watergate editor who unleashed a 'messianic media' video
- Keith Boag looks at a complex man who helped topple Richard Nixon and oversaw a sea change in contemporary journalism.
- Canadian experimental Ebola vaccine vials arrive in Geneva
- The first 250 vials of Canada's experimental Ebola vaccine arrived in Geneva on Wednesday for clinical trials that could start next month.
- New Alan Knight, Man who faked coma, caught on camera strolling in supermarket
- A British fraudster who pretended to be quadriplegic and sometimes comatose for two years to avoid prosecution has been convicted after police caught him on camera driving and strolling around supermarkets.