Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- New E-waste worst offenders include U.S., China, says UN report
- A UN report says more than 40 million tonnes of electronic waste has ended up in landfills around the world, with China and the U.S. contributing the greatest amounts.
- Migrants' ship headed for Italy capsizes north of Libya
- A major air and sea search and rescue operation is under way south of the Italian island of Lampedusa after a migrant ship capsized. Italian media reports say an estimated 700 people were on board.
- U.S. presidential candidates: Who's in so far
- The 2016 U.S. presidential election is still many months away, but the race is already heating up. Here's a roundup of who has declared their candidacy.
- The Ukrainian casualty of war who never existed
- Reporter Natalia Antelava says that television news and propaganda are having a profound impact on the fight between pro-Russian rebels and Ukraine.
- Egypt court seeks death for 11 in soccer riot case
- An Egyptian court on Sunday took a step toward imposing the death penalty on 11 men for involvement in deadly soccer stadium violence in 2012, a televised session showed.