Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Updated Almost 100 children killed in Aleppo since Friday, UNICEF says
- UNICEF says almost 100 children have been killed, and 223 have been injured amid intense fighting that has gripped the Syrian city of Aleppo since Friday.
- Shimon Peres, former prime minister of Israel, dead at 93 video
- Shimon Peres, the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and one of Israel's founding fathers, has died. He was 93.
- Point of View Peres saw hope for world shaped by younger generations: Peter Mansbridge video
- CBC News chief correspondent Peter Mansbridge recollects a dinner in Toronto with Shimon Peres, still lively and engaging in his 92nd year.
- Updated Malaysian jet downed by launcher from Russia, probe finds
- Dutch-led criminal investigators say they have solid evidence that a Malaysian jet was shot down by a Buk missile that had been moved into eastern Ukraine from Russia.
- Fatal police shooting of black man in San Diego area sparks protest
- A black man reportedly acting erratically at a strip mall in suburban San Diego was shot and killed by police after pulling an object from his pocket, pointing it at officers and assuming a "shooting stance," authorities said.