Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- updated U.K. attack suspects were focus of past security probes video
- WARNING: This story contains graphic content. Two men accused of butchering a British soldier had featured in previous investigations by security services, a British official said, as investigators tried to determine whether the men were part of a wider radical Islamic plot.
- Tornado damage estimate tops $2B as cleanup begins video
- Residents in Moore, Okla., begin returning to their homes to start the cleanup process as officials say the damage estimate could reach $2 billion.
- updated Boy Scouts of America to vote on approving gay youth members video
- The Boy Scouts of America's national leadership will vote Thursday in Texas on whether to allow openly gay scouts in its membership ranks, a critical and emotionally charged moment for one of the nation's oldest youth organizations and its millions of members.
- analysis Neil Macdonald: Harper no Obama when it comes to dealing with scandals video
- Beset by three so-called scandals at the moment, Barack Obama has been meeting his accusers and the press head on, Neil Macdonald writes. The same cannot be said for how Stephen Harper operates.
- new Man shot by FBI knew Boston bombing suspect
- A Chechen immigrant shot to death in central Florida after an altercation with an FBI agent had several ties to one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects who authorities were questioning him about at the time.