Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Ireland same-sex marriage referendum result to be released Saturday video
- Voters in once staunchly Catholic Ireland voted on whether to legalize same-sex marriage in what the government's equality minister called "a referendum like no other."
- Video Burundi conflict forces thousands to neighbouring Tanzania video
- UN agencies have launched an appeal for more than $200 million US to help people fleeing conflict in Burundi, saying since April alone almost 100,000 people have been affected. CBC News brings you stories from Tanzania, where people fleeing Burundi are struggling to get by with limited shelter, food and clean water.
- Mexico gunfight leaves at least 44 dead
- At least 44 people were killed on Friday in a gunfight in western Mexico between government forces and suspected drug gang henchmen, officials said, one of the bloodiest days of violence to shake the country under President Enrique Pena Nieto.
- Ebola cadavers concealed, spread disease on public transit in Guinea
- Relatives of Ebola victims are transporting their bodies on public transportation in Guinea, seating the corpses upright between other passengers to skirt health controls and contributing to the spread of the deadly disease here, authorities said.
- Mexico boating accident leaves 2 Canadians, 1 American dead: reports
- The bodies of three men, including two Canadians, were found in a lake in western Mexico this week after they went missing during a boat trip, according to local media reports.