Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Iran nuclear talks: What you need to know video
- Negotiators now have until July 10 to reach a final agreement between Iran and the group of six countries sitting across the table that would impose limits on Iran's nuclear program in exchange for lifting sanctions.
- Confederate flag removal bill OKed by South Carolina senate
- The South Carolina senate has given final approval to a bill to remove the Confederate flag from the grounds of the Capitol. The 36-3 vote Tuesday now sends the bill to the House, where it faces a less certain future.
- Updated Greece faces last chance to stay in euro as cash runs out video
- Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras launched a desperate bid to win fresh aid from skeptical creditors at an emergency eurozone summit on Tuesday.
- New Bill Cosby defender, singer Jill Scott, says she was 'wrong' to back comedian
- A former Bill Cosby supporter, American singer and actress Jill Scott, is now backing away from her former mentor after the comedian's court admissions were made public.
- Hacking Team surveillance software firm hacked
- Italy's Hacking Team, which makes surveillance software used by governments and police to tap into phones and computers, found itself the victim of hacking on a grand scale on Monday.