Dutch recession restaurant: bring your own food!
Owner Michiel Zwart takes an order for drinks from some regular customers, who've come with their own food, at Basis Restaurant in Amsterdam (Photo: Anik See)
A recessionary repast
We already have restaurants where you bring your own wine. But your own food? With a little help from the recession it's beginning to happen, and Anik See takes us to one in Amsterdam.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- CBC IN MEXICO 'I am a man with no land': African migrants wait in limbo, dreaming of sanctuary in Canada video
- African migrants who have passed through South and Central America are in limbo at the Mexican border, fearful of travelling to the U.S. or even of passing through the U.S. to reach Canada.
- Bodies of 74 migrants wash ashore in Libya
- Scores of bodies of African migrants wash ashore in Libya, in the western city of Zawiya on the Mediterranean Sea, according to a spokesman for the Libyan Red Crescent.
- Israeli soldier Elor Azaria, who shot Palestinian assailant lying wounded, gets 18 months in prison
- A young Israeli soldier convicted of killing a Palestinian assailant lying wounded on the ground is sentenced to 18 months imprisonment, far less than prosecutors requested, in one of the most divisive cases in Israel's history.
- Milo Yiannopoulos resigns from Breitbart News, apologizes for child abuse comments
- Controversial alt-right personality Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News following the release of videos in which he appears to endorse pedophilia.
- As It Happens 'A free killing zone': U.S. top court hears case of teen shot dead in Mexico by American border agent
- The border patrol agent was in Texas. The 15-year-old boy was in Mexico. When the agent fired his gun, the bullet crossed the international boundary, killing the teenager. Now the U.S. Supreme Court will decide whether the family has the right to sue.