Romancing music from the rubbish in Brazil
David Rocha finds wood for his instruments in vacant lots like this one in Villa Nova. (Photo: Lisa Hale)
From trash to musical treasure in Brazil
A story now, about making the best of what you've got. You know the old adage about life givng you lemons, so make lemonade. As Lisa Hale reports from Brazil, life gave David Rocha garbage. You won't believe what he makes of it.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Battered eastern Ukraine seems headed into protracted on-and-off war
- Analysts and experts focused on the war in Ukraine believe a number of factors are combining to keep the Ukrainian conflict on the global diplomatic backburner.
- Updated Car companies knew Takata airbags were dangerous, suit alleges
- Attorneys for people suing air bag maker Takata and five automakers say the car companies knew that Takata's products were dangerous yet continued to use them for years because they were inexpensive.
- 'This is not a joke:' Confusion, Moonlight and other Oscar highlights video
- There was drama, comedy and even a plot twist on Sunday at the 89th Academy Awards in Los Angeles.
- Philippines condemns 'barbaric' killing of German hostage
- The Philippines condemns the "barbaric beheading" of a German captive by ISIS-linked Abu Sayyaf militants, who posted a video of the killing after a deadline for a $600,000 ransom passed.
- Trump wants $54B more in defence spending
- The White House says Donald Trump's upcoming budget will propose a whopping $54-billion increase in defence spending and impose corresponding cuts to domestic programs and foreign aid.