Romancing music from the rubbish in Brazil
David Rocha finds wood for his instruments in vacant lots like this one in Villa Nova. (Photo: Lisa Hale)
From trash to musical treasure in Brazil
A story now, about making the best of what you've got. You know the old adage about life givng you lemons, so make lemonade. As Lisa Hale reports from Brazil, life gave David Rocha garbage. You won't believe what he makes of it.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- CBC IN SYRIA City under siege: Inside the battle for Aleppo
- Aleppo is 'the jewel of Syria.' It's also where the government is hoping to win the Syrian civil war, writes Margaret Evans.
- Indonesia earthquake leaves at least 97 dead
- A strong undersea earthquake rocked Indonesia's Aceh province early on Wednesday, killing at least 97 people and causing dozens of buildings to collapse.
- New Kurdish authorities defend detention of Canadian Michael Kennedy
- A senior Kurdish official says the detention of an ex-Canadian soldier was justified. The regional government's deputy foreign minister say Michael Kennedy illegally crossed from Iraq to Syria and back again in the fight against ISIS.
- Michael Flynn, Trump national security pick, under fire for social media posts
- On issues of national security and intelligence, no one is likely to have more influence in Donald Trump's White House than retired Gen. Michael T. Flynn.
- Syrian forces close to capturing Aleppo's old city, force rebels to withdraw
- Syria's state media and an opposition monitoring group say that Syrian troops and their allies have captured more ground in Aleppo's Old City, gaining a new hold in the heart of the divided city.