Inside Egyptian military's business web
A protester draped in an Egyptian flag climbs atop an army tank to shake hands with a soldier in Cairo January 29, 2011. A year after the revolution, some Egyptians remain skeptical that the military will give up its wide-ranging grip on the economy. (Photo: REUTERS/Yannis Behrakis)
Categories: Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Polls favourable to Donald Trump may be overestimating his support, state polls suggest video
- Though the consensus points to a lead for Hillary Clinton, a few polls suggest that Donald Trump is running much closer to the Democratic nominee — or even ahead. But a look at the state polls suggests that these may be outliers.
- CBC IN CALAIS Evicting migrants: Calais' never-ending operation
- French authorities may hope the ongoing evictions of the Calais “jungle” will be a permanent solution, but history has shown the area in northern France to be a magnet for migrants.
- 59 killed, 117 wounded after gunmen attack Pakistani police training centre
- Militants wearing suicide vests stormed a Pakistani police academy in the southwestern city of Quetta overnight, killing at least 59 people, mostly police cadets and recruits, and waging a ferocious gunbattle with troops that lasted into early hours Tuesday.
- Analysis Venezuela's political rivals agree to hold talks amid escalating tensions video
- Venezuela's embattled socialist government and the opposition will start talks this weekend in a bid to head off an escalating political standoff sparked by the suspension of a recall referendum aimed at removing Nicolas Maduro, the nation’s deeply unpopular president.
- 'I don't tweet at 3 a.m. about people who insult me': Obama shades Trump on Kimmel
- President Barack Obama on Monday trolled Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump - known for his prolific use of Twitter to settle scores – making Trump the punch line for jokes on ABC's late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live.