Ben Hur Live? More like Ben hurt.
The arena rock spectacular Ben Hur Live features real animals, a few ancient languages, a lot of skimpy outfits, and a few anachronisms as it arrives in Rome. (Photo/Getty Images Europe)
Ben Hur? More like Ben Hurt
When Ben Hur was made back in 1959 -- it was box office gold. Good thing, because it was also the most expensive film ever made.
And extravagant? 15,000 extras for the chariot scene alone.
But it did huge box office, and saved the studio. And 52 years later, Ben Hur's chariots have arrived in Rome, but this time, as a theatrical spectacle.
And how's that working out? Dispatches contributor Megan Williams has a view from the audience.
Categories: Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Live Donald Trump takes inauguration stage: Watch CBC's live coverage here
- Donald Trump is being sworn in today as the 45th U.S. president in front of a massive crowd that includes his wife, Melania, and their family, and dignitaries like Barack and Michelle Obama. Follow CBC correspondents on Capitol Hill and around the world as the new U.S. presidency begins.
- Analysis How history could make strange bedfellows of Obama and Trump: Keith Boag
- There might come a day when Obama will be grateful it was Trump and not a purebred Republican who became the custodian of his legacy, Keith Boag writes.
- Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' faces life sentence in U.S. prison
- Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman will spend the rest of his life in a U.S. prison if convicted on charges he ran the world's largest drug-trafficking organization during a decades-long criminal career, U.S. prosecutors said on Friday.
- Rescuers in Italy pull 2 children, 8 other survivors from hotel rubble video
- A firefighter says 10 people, including two children, have been found alive in the debris of a hotel levelled by an avalanche in Italy earlier this week.
- Live Protesters greet Donald Trump inauguration video
- Black-clad activists protesting U.S. president-elect Donald Trump's inauguration smashed store and car windows in Washington on Friday and fought with police in riot gear who responded with pepper spray and stun grenades.