Tokyo...in the shadow of Fukushima
Shoppers and farmers at a makeshift market in central Tokyo. Photo/Louis Templado
In this View from Here, reporter Craig Dale discovers a makeshift food market in central Tokyo.
It cropped up after the earthquake, created by farmers who've been rejected by their regular wholesalers because they're too close to the damaged Fukushima nuclear power plant.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- EU rules Apple must pay up to 13B euros in back taxes
- The European Union says Ireland has given illegal tax benefits worth up to 13 billion euros ($14.5 billion US) to Apple Inc. and must now recover the unpaid back taxes from the U.S. technology company, plus interest.
- 'I have no alternative': Palestinian teen sneaks into Israel to join 25,000 illegal workers video
- Israeli authorities say they plan to clamp down on some 25,000 Palestinians working inside Israel illegally. But the illegal workers continue to make their way in. See how two young Palestinian make the dangerous journey.
- Impeachment trial a step away from 'real coup d'état,' says Brazil's Dilma Rousseff
- Suspended president Dilma Rousseff appears before Brazil's Senate to defend herself against charges of breaking budget laws in an impeachment trial that is expected to remove her from office this week.
- Suicide bomber hits near presidential palace in Somalia
- A suicide bomber detonates an explosives-laden truck near the gate of Somalia's presidential palace in the capital, killing at least five people, police say.
- Chinese TV star accuses Canada's tourism agency of censoring him
- A Chinese television star is accusing the Crown corporation that promotes Canadian tourism abroad of censorship for its opposition to an episode of his program that puts a spotlight on the rights of Canada's Aboriginal people.