Tokyo...in the shadow of Fukushima
Shoppers and farmers at a makeshift market in central Tokyo. Photo/Louis Templado
In this View from Here, reporter Craig Dale discovers a makeshift food market in central Tokyo.
It cropped up after the earthquake, created by farmers who've been rejected by their regular wholesalers because they're too close to the damaged Fukushima nuclear power plant.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Standing Rock protesters defy order to leave
- Police in full riot gear began arresting Dakota Access pipeline opponents who remained in a protest camp in North Dakota on Thursday in defiance of orders to leave.
- Iraqi forces storm Mosul airport in battle against ISIS
- Backed by the U.S.-led international coalition, Iraqi forces fight their way into a sprawling military base outside of Mosul and onto the grounds of the city's airport, taking control of the runway amid fierce exchanges of fire with ISIS militants.
- Syrian peace talks resume in Geneva after 10 months
- Syrian peace talks under the auspices of the United Nations resume in Geneva, 10 months after falling apart over escalating bloodshed in the war-torn country.
- 'The water is not safe': San Jose, Calif., residents return to flooded homes
- Some residents returned home to sort through waterlogged furniture, toys and clothing after being abruptly evacuated when a surging creek carrying engine fuel and sewage water inundated thousands of homes in San Jose.
- 7 Earth-like planets found orbiting star 39 light-years away video
- Scientists have discovered seven Earth-sized planets orbiting a small star 39 light-years away, with several planets believed to be capable of having water.