Promo Box: February 2011 Archives
Thursday February 24, 2011
Powdered whoonga is sprinkled on tobacco or marijuana providing an addictive and toxic high.(Photo/Anders Kelto)
Junkies get sick if they take it, and sicker if they don't.
Journalist Anders Kelto traced it from the streets of Kwa Dabekaa township near Durban right into the laboratory, to discover what's hooking people on whoonga.
His full documentary is on the February 24/27 edition of Dispatches
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
- Thu., 22 – The trials of Tweeting in China
- Thu., 22 – Help for kids of India sex workers
- Wed., 21 – In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
- Thu., 15 – China's painful healing, with bee-stings
- Thu., 15 – Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
- Thu., 15 – Verbal autopsies shed light on death
- Thu., 8 – Mexico's vigilante mayor
- Wed., 7 – Lanse kòd animate Jacmel Carnival
- Fri., 2 – Plus ça change, in Change Square
- February 2012
- Wed., 29 – A box full of light saves lives
- Tue., 28 – They die so we might know
- Mon., 27 – Oscar winner on Dispatches
- Fri., 24 – Kennedy's very bad day in South Sudan
- Wed., 22 – A special court for post-trauma vets
- Fri., 17 – Baad justice haunts Afghanistan
- Fri., 17 – Inside Egyptian military's business web
- Tue., 14 – Justice served in Haiti
- Mon., 13 – Syrian refugees' defiance and division
- Thu., 9 – Sri Lanka tourism vs. the fisherfolk
- Tue., 7 – Colombia's no-name dead
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Mon., 13 – Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Shimon Peres, former prime minister of Israel, dead at 93 video
- Shimon Peres, the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and one of Israel's founding fathers, has died. He was 93.
- Point of View Peres saw hope for world shaped by younger generations: Peter Mansbridge video
- CBC News chief correspondent Peter Mansbridge recollects a dinner in Toronto with Shimon Peres, still lively and engaging in his 92nd year.
- Updated Malaysian jet downed by launcher from Russia, probe finds
- Dutch-led criminal investigators say they have solid evidence that a Malaysian jet was shot down by a Buk missile that had been moved into eastern Ukraine from Russia.
- Fatal police shooting of black man in San Diego area sparks protest
- A black man reportedly acting erratically at a strip mall in suburban San Diego was shot and killed by police after pulling an object from his pocket, pointing it at officers and assuming a "shooting stance," authorities said.
- Storm continues deadly path to China from Taiwan
- A massive typhoon leaves one person dead in eastern China, a day after killing four and injuring more than 600 in Taiwan, where authorities remain on alert for the possibility of a landslide.