Promo Box: February 2011 Archives
Thursday February 24, 2011
Powdered whoonga is sprinkled on tobacco or marijuana providing an addictive and toxic high.(Photo/Anders Kelto)
Junkies get sick if they take it, and sicker if they don't.
Journalist Anders Kelto traced it from the streets of Kwa Dabekaa township near Durban right into the laboratory, to discover what's hooking people on whoonga.
His full documentary is on the February 24/27 edition of Dispatches
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
- Thu., 22 – The trials of Tweeting in China
- Thu., 22 – Help for kids of India sex workers
- Wed., 21 – In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
- Thu., 15 – China's painful healing, with bee-stings
- Thu., 15 – Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
- Thu., 15 – Verbal autopsies shed light on death
- Thu., 8 – Mexico's vigilante mayor
- Wed., 7 – Lanse kòd animate Jacmel Carnival
- Fri., 2 – Plus ça change, in Change Square
- February 2012
- Wed., 29 – A box full of light saves lives
- Tue., 28 – They die so we might know
- Mon., 27 – Oscar winner on Dispatches
- Fri., 24 – Kennedy's very bad day in South Sudan
- Wed., 22 – A special court for post-trauma vets
- Fri., 17 – Baad justice haunts Afghanistan
- Fri., 17 – Inside Egyptian military's business web
- Tue., 14 – Justice served in Haiti
- Mon., 13 – Syrian refugees' defiance and division
- Thu., 9 – Sri Lanka tourism vs. the fisherfolk
- Tue., 7 – Colombia's no-name dead
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Mon., 13 – Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- 2 Chicago men charged with first-degree murder in shooting of Dwyane Wade's cousin
- Chicago police say two brothers have been charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of the cousin of NBA star Dwyane Wade as she was walking to register her children for school.
- United Airlines pilots suspected of being drunk arrested in Glasgow
- Police and airline officials say two United Airlines pilots have been arrested for suspected intoxication before they were to fly 141 passengers from Scotland to the United States.
- Trump's immigration talk runs into reality at the Mexican border
- There's already a wall across almost one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border — and people still get over. That's one reason even the border patrol scoffs at U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's proposal to build the rest of the wall.
- How a $64M hack changed the fate of Ethereum, Bitcoin's closest competitor
- Picture this: A thief steals millions of dollars by hacking into an investment fund, and the whole theft is undone with a simple software update. That is, in effect, what happened recently at Ethereum, an upstart digital currency platform second only to Bitcoin in dollar value.
- CBC IN ITALY Trying to mourn the dead after quake leaves graves open in Italy video
- It was a day of national mourning in Italy on Saturday. But in the midst of an earthquake zone, still chaotic and reeling from aftershocks, it is not always easy to hold to formality.