Promo Box: February 2011 Archives
Thursday February 24, 2011
Powdered whoonga is sprinkled on tobacco or marijuana providing an addictive and toxic high.(Photo/Anders Kelto)
Junkies get sick if they take it, and sicker if they don't.
Journalist Anders Kelto traced it from the streets of Kwa Dabekaa township near Durban right into the laboratory, to discover what's hooking people on whoonga.
His full documentary is on the February 24/27 edition of Dispatches
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
- Thu., 22 – The trials of Tweeting in China
- Thu., 22 – Help for kids of India sex workers
- Wed., 21 – In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
- Thu., 15 – China's painful healing, with bee-stings
- Thu., 15 – Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
- Thu., 15 – Verbal autopsies shed light on death
- Thu., 8 – Mexico's vigilante mayor
- Wed., 7 – Lanse kòd animate Jacmel Carnival
- Fri., 2 – Plus ça change, in Change Square
- February 2012
- Wed., 29 – A box full of light saves lives
- Tue., 28 – They die so we might know
- Mon., 27 – Oscar winner on Dispatches
- Fri., 24 – Kennedy's very bad day in South Sudan
- Wed., 22 – A special court for post-trauma vets
- Fri., 17 – Baad justice haunts Afghanistan
- Fri., 17 – Inside Egyptian military's business web
- Tue., 14 – Justice served in Haiti
- Mon., 13 – Syrian refugees' defiance and division
- Thu., 9 – Sri Lanka tourism vs. the fisherfolk
- Tue., 7 – Colombia's no-name dead
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Mon., 13 – Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- As fighting intensifies in Aleppo, UN mulls Canadian resolution to end conflict
- The United Nations General Assembly began talks on Friday on a Canadian-drafted resolution that would demand an end to fighting in Syria.
- China hopes Trump call with Taiwan leader won't damage ties
- China's foreign minister said Saturday he hopes Beijing's relations with the U.S. would not be "interfered with or damaged" after president-elect Donald Trump broke with decades-long diplomatic tradition and spoke directly with Taiwan's leader.
- Analysis Cuba's dictator was Colombia's peacemaker: How Fidel Castro helped end conflict with FARC video
- In the same week that Fidel Castro's ashes made their final journey across Cuba, Colombia's congress approved a peace deal with FARC rebels — a goal the dictator had encouraged for 20 years.
- Accused killer allegedly told detective he shot teen for 'hassling' him
- A black West Virginia teenager had a BB gun in his waistband but nothing in his hands when he was fatally shot by a white man, a police detective has testified.
- 21 Chinese miners die after 4 days trapped
- China's state-run Xinhua News Agency says 21 miners who were trapped for four days after an explosion have been confirmed dead. One is missing.