Promo Box: February 2011 Archives
Thursday February 24, 2011
Powdered whoonga is sprinkled on tobacco or marijuana providing an addictive and toxic high.(Photo/Anders Kelto)
Junkies get sick if they take it, and sicker if they don't.
Journalist Anders Kelto traced it from the streets of Kwa Dabekaa township near Durban right into the laboratory, to discover what's hooking people on whoonga.
His full documentary is on the February 24/27 edition of Dispatches
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
- Thu., 22 – The trials of Tweeting in China
- Thu., 22 – Help for kids of India sex workers
- Wed., 21 – In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
- Thu., 15 – China's painful healing, with bee-stings
- Thu., 15 – Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
- Thu., 15 – Verbal autopsies shed light on death
- Thu., 8 – Mexico's vigilante mayor
- Wed., 7 – Lanse kòd animate Jacmel Carnival
- Fri., 2 – Plus ça change, in Change Square
- February 2012
- Wed., 29 – A box full of light saves lives
- Tue., 28 – They die so we might know
- Mon., 27 – Oscar winner on Dispatches
- Fri., 24 – Kennedy's very bad day in South Sudan
- Wed., 22 – A special court for post-trauma vets
- Fri., 17 – Baad justice haunts Afghanistan
- Fri., 17 – Inside Egyptian military's business web
- Tue., 14 – Justice served in Haiti
- Mon., 13 – Syrian refugees' defiance and division
- Thu., 9 – Sri Lanka tourism vs. the fisherfolk
- Tue., 7 – Colombia's no-name dead
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Mon., 13 – Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN MEXICO 'I am a man with no land': African migrants wait in limbo, dreaming of sanctuary in Canada video
- African migrants who have passed through South and Central America are in limbo at the Mexican border, fearful of travelling to the U.S. or even of passing through the U.S. to reach Canada.
- North American stock markets hit another round of all-time closing highs
- Stock markets in Canada and the United States touched record closing highs on Tuesday, driven by news of big deals.
- Human rights at risk amid rise of 'fear and disunity': Amnesty International
- Amnesty International is calling on countries to do more to protect the vulnerable and warning that a rise in "narratives of blame, fear and scapegoating" in the political sphere is putting human rights at risk.
- As It Happens Make Pluto a planet again, NASA scientists argue
- Some people give up on a long-distance relationship. But our guest will never give up on his faraway love: Pluto. He and some NASA colleagues are proposing a new definition of the term "planet" that would let poor, demoted Pluto back into the fold.
- Residents rescued from flooded northern California neighbourhoods
- Rescuers chest-deep in water steered boats full of people, some with babies and pets, on Tuesday from a San Jose, Calif., neighbourhood inundated by water from an overflowing creek.