Promo Box: February 2011 Archives
Thursday February 24, 2011
Powdered whoonga is sprinkled on tobacco or marijuana providing an addictive and toxic high.(Photo/Anders Kelto)
Junkies get sick if they take it, and sicker if they don't.
Journalist Anders Kelto traced it from the streets of Kwa Dabekaa township near Durban right into the laboratory, to discover what's hooking people on whoonga.
His full documentary is on the February 24/27 edition of Dispatches
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
- Thu., 22 – The trials of Tweeting in China
- Thu., 22 – Help for kids of India sex workers
- Wed., 21 – In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
- Thu., 15 – China's painful healing, with bee-stings
- Thu., 15 – Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
- Thu., 15 – Verbal autopsies shed light on death
- Thu., 8 – Mexico's vigilante mayor
- Wed., 7 – Lanse kòd animate Jacmel Carnival
- Fri., 2 – Plus ça change, in Change Square
- February 2012
- Wed., 29 – A box full of light saves lives
- Tue., 28 – They die so we might know
- Mon., 27 – Oscar winner on Dispatches
- Fri., 24 – Kennedy's very bad day in South Sudan
- Wed., 22 – A special court for post-trauma vets
- Fri., 17 – Baad justice haunts Afghanistan
- Fri., 17 – Inside Egyptian military's business web
- Tue., 14 – Justice served in Haiti
- Mon., 13 – Syrian refugees' defiance and division
- Thu., 9 – Sri Lanka tourism vs. the fisherfolk
- Tue., 7 – Colombia's no-name dead
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Mon., 13 – Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- In commuting Chelsea Manning, Obama's last acts of mercy a display of 'absolute' power video
- None of the more than 230 convicted felons to have received pardons or commuted sentences from U.S. President Barack Obama will lose their newfound clemency.
- CBC IN MEXICO Attack on prosecutor investigating nightclub shooting further erodes Cancun's reputation for safety video
- A violent attack in Cancun, Mexico, has further undermined the area's reputation as a peaceful idyll amid the turbulence of Mexico's drug war.
- CBC IN IRAN Iranians size up Trump with cautious curiosity
- A short drive from Tehran's imposing "Down with the U.S.A." mural, a small bookstore is doing a brisk business selling books by Donald Trump. As Nahlah Ayed reports, some Iranians eager to learn more about the president-elect are having to start with his get-rich books.
- World temperatures hit new high in 2016 for 3rd year in row
- From unprecedented highs in India to ice melt in the Arctic, the heat is creeping closer to a ceiling set for global warming.
- Gambians, tourists flee country as president clings to power and troops line the borders
- After more than two decades in power, Gambian President Yahya Jammeh faces the prospect of a military intervention by regional forces, as the man who once pledged to rule the West African nation for a billion years clings to power.