Promo Box: February 2011 Archives
Thursday February 24, 2011
Powdered whoonga is sprinkled on tobacco or marijuana providing an addictive and toxic high.(Photo/Anders Kelto)
Junkies get sick if they take it, and sicker if they don't.
Journalist Anders Kelto traced it from the streets of Kwa Dabekaa township near Durban right into the laboratory, to discover what's hooking people on whoonga.
His full documentary is on the February 24/27 edition of Dispatches
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
- Thu., 22 – The trials of Tweeting in China
- Thu., 22 – Help for kids of India sex workers
- Wed., 21 – In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
- Thu., 15 – China's painful healing, with bee-stings
- Thu., 15 – Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
- Thu., 15 – Verbal autopsies shed light on death
- Thu., 8 – Mexico's vigilante mayor
- Wed., 7 – Lanse kòd animate Jacmel Carnival
- Fri., 2 – Plus ça change, in Change Square
- February 2012
- Wed., 29 – A box full of light saves lives
- Tue., 28 – They die so we might know
- Mon., 27 – Oscar winner on Dispatches
- Fri., 24 – Kennedy's very bad day in South Sudan
- Wed., 22 – A special court for post-trauma vets
- Fri., 17 – Baad justice haunts Afghanistan
- Fri., 17 – Inside Egyptian military's business web
- Tue., 14 – Justice served in Haiti
- Mon., 13 – Syrian refugees' defiance and division
- Thu., 9 – Sri Lanka tourism vs. the fisherfolk
- Tue., 7 – Colombia's no-name dead
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Mon., 13 – Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Match Report World Cup: Argentina 0, Netherlands 0 (4-2 pen)
- Lionel Messi is going to get his shot at the FIFA World Cup, as Argentina defeated the Netherlands 4-2 on penalties after the match ended scoreless in the teams’ semifinal clash on Wednesday.
- Palestinians bury dead after Israeli rockets pound 200 more Gaza sites video
- Hundreds of Palestinians carried bodies through the streets in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday evening as they buried those killed in Israeli airstrikes. On the other side of the border Israelis braced for more rocket fire and soldiers massed on the border.
- Will and Kate's 2-kitchen home prompts chequebook scrutiny
- The royal family's most popular couple is under scrutiny over their finances after the public learned that their multi-million dollar home renovation includes two kitchens.
- Updated Barack Obama, Texas Republican Rick Perry talk child immigration in Texas video
- U.S. President Barack Obama says Congress has the ability to act immediately to address the wave of unaccompanied children coming over the border from Mexico into the U.S.
- Entrepreneur Barbie takes aim at glass ceiling video
- Mattel has unveiled a well-dressed, smartphone-toting version of its popular line of Barbie dolls, armed with real cash for entrepreneurial young women. But critics say it's just a marketing gimmick that trivializes the real issues faced by women in business.