Promo Box: December 2010 Archives
Tuesday December 7, 2010
David Common has been with the CBC team in Haiti. He sends two views, from high up on a mountainside.
Categories: Promo Box, The View from Here
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
- Thu., 22 – The trials of Tweeting in China
- Thu., 22 – Help for kids of India sex workers
- Wed., 21 – In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
- Thu., 15 – China's painful healing, with bee-stings
- Thu., 15 – Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
- Thu., 15 – Verbal autopsies shed light on death
- Thu., 8 – Mexico's vigilante mayor
- Wed., 7 – Lanse kòd animate Jacmel Carnival
- Fri., 2 – Plus ça change, in Change Square
- February 2012
- Wed., 29 – A box full of light saves lives
- Tue., 28 – They die so we might know
- Mon., 27 – Oscar winner on Dispatches
- Fri., 24 – Kennedy's very bad day in South Sudan
- Wed., 22 – A special court for post-trauma vets
- Fri., 17 – Baad justice haunts Afghanistan
- Fri., 17 – Inside Egyptian military's business web
- Tue., 14 – Justice served in Haiti
- Mon., 13 – Syrian refugees' defiance and division
- Thu., 9 – Sri Lanka tourism vs. the fisherfolk
- Tue., 7 – Colombia's no-name dead
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Mon., 13 – Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- September 2010
- Tue., 14 – Award winners
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Trump overstates inauguration crowd as Women's March appears to draw bigger turnout video
- There were early signs across the U.S. that the number of people who attended the Women's March on Washington in Saturday could top those who gathered on Friday to watch U.S. President Donald Trump's inauguration.
- Gambia's defeated president finally cedes power, to enter exile weeks after election loss
- Gambia's defeated leader Yahya Jammeh and his family headed into political exile Saturday night, ending a 22-year reign of fear and a post-election political standoff that threatened to provoke a regional military intervention when he clung to power.
- Mud-slinging and Mexican flags define decade-long battle over Trump's Scottish golf course
- The remote Scottish coastline just north of Aberdeen is a place of wild beauty, where the sand dunes rise to great heights. But there are other disorienting vistas — none more so than the site of a Mexican flag flapping in the wind. It's a not-so-subtle message directed at the man who has just become president of the United States.
- PHOTOS 'Fight like a girl': The best signs and slogans from Women's Marches worldwide
- Millions of women and their allies marched all over the world on Saturday, using creative signs, slogans and costumes to protest the inauguration of U.S. President Donald Trump, a man who has repeatedly come under fire for his treatment of and comments about women.
- CBC IN IRAN If Trump nixes nuclear deal, 'we are prepared,' says country's atomic chief video
- Iran says it is reserving judgment on new U.S. President Donald Trump. But if he does, as he’s vowed, “tear up” the international deal Tehran reached on curbing its nuclear program, it could quickly ramp that program back up, says the country’s atomic energy chief.